Software Engineer, InternRegular price
About the job
As a Software Engineer Intern at Vanta, you’ll have direct impact on our customers by building products that meet their needs and infrastructure that enables our company to scale. You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to shaping our culture and company from an early stage.
Vanta’s mission is to secure the internet and protect consumer data. We believe that security should be monitored and verified continuously, and we empower companies to practice better security and prove it with ease. Our product integrates deeply with the services that present security risk to a company, pulls and analyzes data from those sources, and surfaces potential security threats to our customers in real time with guidance to remediate them.
During your internship, you will be paired with a mentor to help you ramp up and guide you as you work closely with our team to build and ship projects that drive valuable impact for our customers. We have year round internship opportunities to best suit your curriculum and timeframe. Vanta is an incredible place to start your career and accelerate your growth as an engineer.
Our business has found incredible product-market fit and has monetized effectively since the day we signed our first customer. We’re growing at a blistering pace, which presents career-defining opportunities for engineers to accelerate their growth and to contribute to a rapidly-scaling company.
Vanta has a kind and talented team, and while some have prior security experience, many have been successful at Vanta without it. We’d love for you to join us!
What you’ll do as a Software Engineer, Intern at Vanta:
- Design, develop, and own new product functionality and/or infrastructure leveraging modern frameworks and tooling (TypeScript, React, Node.js, Golang). Prior experience with these technologies is not necessary!
- Work with talented and kind engineers to make a significant impact on our customer base, enabling them to improve their security and prove it.
- Contribute to building Vanta’s engineering culture as we grow.
How to be successful in this role:
- Have an interest in learning about security or prior experience in the space.
- Be looking for the opportunity to grow your engineering background in a fast-paced environment.
- Have or be in process of obtaining a 4 year degree or 2 year graduates degree in Computer Science or an adjacent field.
- Have previous Software Engineering internship experience.
What you can expect as a Vantan:
- Industry-Competitive Salary and Equity
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with Dependents Coverage
- 16 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave for All New Parents (Moms, Dads, Adoptive, Foster)
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Remote Workspace Stipend
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible Work Hours and Location
- Open & Encouraged PTO Policy
- 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Free Memberships to Online Wellness Platforms (One Medical, Ginger, Headspace, and more!)
- Virtual Team Building Activities, Lunch and Learns, and other Company-Wide Events
- Offices in SF and NYC with Hubs of Vantans forming across the US, including but not limited to, Seattle, Austin, Indianapolis, LA, Boston, and more!
At Vanta, we are committed to hiring diverse talent of different backgrounds and as such, it is important to us to provide an inclusive work environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply.
We started Vanta in 2016 as Equifax had lost every American's social security number, Home Depot had leaked its customers' credit card numbers to hackers, and Facebook admitted that it irresponsibly sent user data to third parties who tried to influence the US election. It was clear that security and privacy had become mainstream issues, and that we all increasingly relied on cloud services to store everything from our personal photos to our communications at work.
Vanta's mission is to be the layer of trust on top of these services, and to secure the internet, increase trust in software companies, and keep consumer data safe.
We do this by building an automated head of security for technology companies, and we use that system to both help a company secure itself and to prove their security to others.
If we succeed in our mission, it should feel irresponsible for users to put data into a product that isn't certified by Vanta, and irresponsible for companies to collect data without using Vanta to secure and monitor themselves.