AWS DeveloperRegular price
About the job
Do you want to be at the forefront of Deloitte's emerging cloud practice? We're looking for exceptional problem-solvers to help address our clients' most compelling Cloud needs. You will work along-side top engineers and technical thought leaders building Cloud solutions helping shape the future of global enterprises. You will be at the heart of the technical solutioning and leading-edge product development.
Work you'll do
The AWS Back End Developer will assist with the development and deployment of the enterprise solution in AWS cloud environments. This person will be primarily responsible for utilizing technical skills to coordinate enhancements and deployment efforts and to provide insight and recommendations for implementing client solutions.
- Working closely with developer teams to create an automated CI/CD pipeline
- Implementing build, deployment and monitoring standards for the client
- Delivering end-to-end automation of deployment, monitoring and infrastructure management in a cloud environment
- Creating scripts and/or templates to automate and/or bootstrap infrastructure provisioning and management tasks
- Building and configuring delivery environments supporting CI/CD tools using an Agile delivery methodology
- Providing knowledge of container management tools (e.g. Docker, OpenShift), container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes), infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Ansible, CloudFormation), and have familiarity with modern build experience tools (e.g. Maven) and cloud integration systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Understand static code analysis, unit testing and test-driven development, security testing and automated test frameworks
- Understand object-oriented programming (i.e. emphasis in Java) and have familiarity with source control systems (emphasis on Git)
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Op Model Transformation, Cloud Development, Cloud Integration & APIs, Cloud Migration, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, and Cloud Managed Services. We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
- Bachelor's degree
- Ability to obtain Secret clearance
- At least five years' experience designing and coding solutions using procedural and object-oriented programming techniques
- At least two years' experience with AWS services such as CloudFormation, EC2, VPC, S3
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Familiarity with Spring Boot, Hibernate, or equivalent frameworks
- Familiarity with AWS SDKs, such as Java SDK v2, Boto3 SDK for Python, or equivalent
- Experience with relational and NoSQL database systems such as MySQL, Mongo, DynamoDB, or equivalent
- Experience with source code management tools such as GitLab
- Strong understanding of microservices, event-driven architectures, serverless and container technologies (Lambda, Docker), and container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, or equivalent
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines and related tools for unit testing (e.g. JUnit), static and dynamic code scanning (e.g. AppScan, Fortify), and build tools such as Jenkins.
- Self-starter with eagerness to learn and ability to solve problems
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Industry certifications such as:
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate