Lead, Software EngineerRegular price
About the job
We are seeking a Lead, Software Engineer – Must be authorized to work in the US.
Provide “whatever it takes” service in the development of solutions which simplifies the team and member experience; improves back-office workflow and efficiency.
A Lead Software Engineer will accept ownership of the end user experience through integration between different software/web-based applications, including those of other team members, being designed and modified to support a project. The Lead Software Engineer will be responsible for the technical adequacy of the project software.
As a lead, demonstrate a willingness to coach and provide effective and appropriate feedback to others in the department.
- Meet with the project team leader and other key individuals and departments associated with the project to determine the status of the project and where this position fits into the overall scope of the project. Learn everything necessary to complete the integration through software module assigned to this position and demonstrate an understanding.
- Develop and/or review a project plan for development of the software integration assigned to this position, outlining key project milestones and time to completion. This includes identifying user requirements, preparation of use cases, development of critical paths and dependency relationships, and project challenges. Incorporate these into the plan.
- Lead discussions with the design team and vendor team in order to develop and submit a comprehensive design concept for formal review. This includes end user experience, layout best integration approach, objects, and process map. This plan needs to meet key functional requirements.
- Review existing integration method and its impact on end user experience for the project and recommend modifications for upgrading and improvement. Develop a time-phased plan of action to complement the proposed changes.
- Complete detailed integration proposal and validate to meet project deadlines. The integration should be optimal in terms of the best digital end user experience, system performance, and the use of the system resources. This includes unit testing and preparation of complete design documentation. Inform the project sponsor ahead of time if the project deadlines cannot be met.
- Expect major technical issues and challenges in this position. Be in a position to present a series of alternative approaches and lead the product design reviews. During this presentation, address alternative approaches, methods used to assess these alternatives, the impact on the project schedules, and additional resources required, if any.
- During the design phase, continually test integration for end user experience (digital functionality) and optimize for performance to ensure the integration meets project standards. Develop the software test plans and procedures. Take initiative on coordinating this effort with the department owner and assist with all troubleshooting needs and testing efforts. Ensure that all required design changes are completed in a timely manner to meet the overall project schedule.
- Escalate urgent problems requiring in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources.
- Integrate various software and hardware to provide custom tools for both internal and external use.
- A BS/BA in Computer Science or related field; MS preferred
- 5+ years’ experience doing software development or maintenance with demonstrated experience in
- SQL database and ODBC
- Configuration and administration of Microsoft SharePoint
- Knowledge on SQL report server
- Knowledge on Web service communication(through different channels, HTTPS calls to transport XML, JSON format data)
- Knowledge on different methodology: SDLC, Agile, Waterfall
- 3+ year’s project management experience
- Must have experience and desire to perform in lead engineer capacity; accepting the responsibility for the technical adequacy and schedule of the IS department’s members.
- 3+ years in supervisory/management role
- Financial services or banking experience, a plus
- Experience with system and software installations, troubleshooting and support.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects on time and handle multiple commitments with minimal supervision and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think critically, to innovate new solutions and process as well as research and solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of technical workings of software and hardware Excellent computer skills, including:
a. Proficiency in MS Office products (Office365), online chat, internet research, and various other online applications.
b. Ability to create reports using advanced formulas and calculations in Excel spreadsheet.
- Ability to travel to various branch locations with the potential for other out of state travel to vendors, etc.
- Ability to work various hours based on business needs, including Saturdays and some evenings.