Data & Reporting AnalystRegular price
Conceptualizes, gathers and analyzes data from internal and external sources as it relates to quality and/or business activity, market trends, product development and the productivity, efficiency and quality of provider services, provider, finance, and business operations, and/or marketing and sales efforts. Summarizes data and prepares reports for leadership review/use. Participates in training to ensure staff can use data effectively. Coordinates with department management to ensure that interpretation of information will be uniform across all users. Shares expertise with team members and peers. Works under general supervision.
- Performs analyses and reporting to provide insight to decision makers in Quality, Business Development, Provider Operations, Strategy, Marketing and/or Finance departments.
- Performs detailed analyses in response to requests from internal and external customers. Analyzes and manipulates data, identifies trends, reviews and evaluates findings. Summarizes data in user-friendly reports constructing tables, graphs, and providing statistical and qualitative analysis.
- Prepares and distributes performance reports to monitor quality and/or business activity and market trends and assist in planning for VNSNY.
- Identifies opportunities to improve data collection, report distribution and maintenance to management; participates in implementation of changes, as appropriate. Collaborates with Provider and/or Outcomes team to streamline standard reporting needs.
- Coordinates with quality and/or outcomes team to document data definitions to ensure correct and consistent use and interpretation of metrics across the organization. Develops an understanding of all departmental reporting to ensure accuracy and use of reporting standards and definitions.
- Instructs, orients and trains department staff to new and existing reports and reporting tools.
- Obtains end user feedback/input to ensure that their reporting needs are met.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as required.
- Reviews and monitors key operational indicators related to cash flow, reconciliation of charges and services rendered, and performs detailed denial analyses including reconciliation of payments at the time of service against posted payments. Analyzes errors in billing and denial data to identify root causes.
- Identifies problems in the process flow or organizational structure that impedes financial outcomes, proposes solutions, and collaborates with department to implement corrective action.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance or related discipline or the equivalent work experience required.
- Role is hybrid - 2 to 3 days a week in the NYC office
- Minimum two years of experience applying analytics, statistics and/or data visualization expertise, preferably in a healthcare setting, required.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative analytic skills, as well as, with the ability to interpret and present key analytic findings required.
- Demonstrated ability to understand industry issues and problems, relate them to clients' needs, and propose appropriate solutions required.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Knowledge of and experience with SQL, Python and/or R to extract and manipulate data, delivered through dashboards required.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as MicroStrategy, Tableau, Power BI and CRM tools such as Salesforce, and statistical software such as Mini Tab preferred.
- Understanding of healthcare provider operations and revenue cycle management is preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite - advanced Excel required.