Director of Data and AnalyticsRegular price
Seeking Director of Data and Analytics - Mission-driven Education Technology - Series B Start-Up - $200k Base+Significant Equity - FULLY REMOTE!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Grace Brewer
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $195,000 - $206,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are a mission driven Education Technology Startup based in San Francisco. Backed by $60 Million Series B Funding, we are scaling our team to build the world’s most advanced digital EdTech platform. Through cutting edge curriculum and mentor-led professional guidance, we are working towards bridging the world's skill gap by expanding equitable access and opportunity for career advancement for all!
We're Seeking Director of Data and Analytics to drive our data function and consolidation. The Director of Data and Analytic will be a integral member of our leadership team, and will be empowered to build the future of our data capabilities! This is a unique opportunity to spearhead a new data science and analytics function for a data-driven company that is tackling exciting and life-transforming challenges in education technology.
Why join us?
● Executive Level Base Salary
● Outstanding Stock Options - Value Equivalent to Base Salary - Fully Vested in 4 Years
● Best-In-Class Benefits - Medical, Vision and Dental - Company-Paid for Employee and Family!
● Unlimited Paid time off, with additional company-wide Wellness Days
● Over $5,000 per year in learning stipends, plus free access to our courses with a 1:1 mentor
● Company-sponsored Mental Health and Professional Coaching Resources
● Twenty plus weeks of parental leave
● Personalized development plans and monthly career check-ins with an Executive Team driven to enable your career growth
Director of Data and Analytics position will entail a combination of leading the centralization of our distributed company data analytics resources, envisioning and executing on growing our data function and data capabilities roadmap (including hiring for our first data scientist), and partnering closely with cross-functional teams and leadership to heighten data-driven decision-making.
Reporting to the Director of Business Operations, Strategy, and Analytics (and in the future, our CFO) this individual will enable both the company’s growth (expanding our existing product offerings and launching new business lines), as well as the efficiency and effectiveness of all of our functional teams.
● Design, build, and drive the data organization, including the centralization of existing data talent (across product, operations functions, sales) and develop future hiring plans
● Develop data capabilities including introducing data science resources and skillsets
● Establish and introduce best practices, including proper documentation norms, naming conventions and QA processes, and quarterly / yearly planning
● Manage and mentor the data team through regular feedback, goal setting, support and thoughtful career pathing
● Support in execution of critical analytics projects, driving insights for functional leaders and the executive team; not afraid to lean in on analytics projects alongside team management
● Partner with our backend tech team in reviewing, designing, and optimizing our data architecture and ETL pipelines; flexibility to take more or less responsibility over data engineering depending on skillset
● Own strategic decisions for our data analytics infrastructure such as BI tool selection and design; flexibility to take more or less responsibility over data architecture depending on skillset
● Proactively and constructively question the status quo, influence change within the organization to enable growth
● Proven experience in technical data analytics and/or data science leadership ; you have a successful track record of designing experiments, building and implementing best practices and infrastructure, and delivering clearly communicated insights and recommendations; are proficient in python, SQL, and excel
● Leadership experience as well; you know how to provide an exceptional and engaging employee experience on a growing team. Able to retain high-caliber talent.
● Confidence to build out a team of technical positions - such as Data Scientists and (bonus) Data Engineers
● Hands-On Technical Skills - You aren’t afraid to get into the weeds on projects to support a small but mighty team; you’re still excited to get your hands dirty if or when needed (i.e. supporting on a BI tool migration under a tight timeline or helping work through a complex analytics challenge)
Extra Credit For:
● Familiarity with data architecture design and ETL best practices and tools; data engineering and data pipeline experience
● Experience in an EdTech (Education Technology) Startup Environment