ES Tech, Software Dev EngineerRegular price
About the job
Amazonian Experience & Technology (AET) tech teams support Amazon’s entire global workforce through milestone personal and professional events by building simple, unified experiences that remove the guesswork. We’re here for our colleagues on everything from navigating the immigration process to adding a member to their families. We’re developing this technology from scratch to simplify complex business problems and ensure equitable and accessible solutions. We’re looking for teammates who want to build the future for all Amazon employees with us.
Our team within AET, Joining Experience Tech for Servicing (JETS), provides technology capabilities and services focused on primarily enabling and catalyzing the Joining Amazon (JA) journey as well as other journeys through extensible products and services. We build and manage domain-driven technology solutions centered around work authorization, immigration, screening services, new joiner support, and mandatory documentation. We have begun building a brand new composite product leveraging native AWS services, microservices, microfrontends, event-driven architecture, machine learning (ML), and the latest tech. We are looking for an engineering leader who is passionate about building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love and are excited about joining a new team in a fast-moving space. This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on all Amazonians.
- Usage of design patterns, re-use and efficient coding best practices to deliver high-quality work on tight schedules
- Partner with offshore development team(s) for successful software delivery
- Design and develop end-to-end solutions that enhance software architecture and automate solutions
- Leverage cutting edge tech to implement solutions
- Build reliable, high-performance Web Services, APIs, Microservices, Microfrontends, and SDKs that improve customers' experience
- Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- This job can be based in Arlington, Dallas, Seattle, or the San Francisco Bay Area
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, Software Developer, or a related occupation.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and concepts.
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures.
- Excellent skills in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Full stack
- 4+ years of professional experience as a software engineer or related role.
- Experience developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Company - Amazon.com Services LLC
Job ID: A2135576