Operations/Python EngineerRegular price
Unable to provide sponsorship now or in the future
Contract-to-Hire OR Direct Hire
Medix is currently seeking an Python/Operations Engineer for a Contract-To-Hire OR Direct Hire (whichever you prefer) job opportunity with one of our top healthcare insurance clients, this role is 100% remote!
ABOUT OUR CLIENT / ABOUT THIS POSITION
Our client is a top healthcare insurance organization that is headquartered in New York. They're looking to bring a skilled Engineer onto their team due to growth! The ideal candidate has strong experience in SQL and Python -- any healthcare / healthcare-insurance experience would be a bonus. This individual will be responsible for developing, building and maintaining data and technical solutions within the data team. Problem solving and excellent communication skills are essential for this position!
- Apply clear frameworks and knowledge to manage the development to production lifecycle of new and existing tools and features
- Maintain knowledge of industry, frameworks and tools
- Consult and cross collaborates on problems to build and document scalable processes
- Architect and lead development of technical solutions in response to requirements from partners in regard to new products and market expansions, automated workflows, new/improved tooling, and data integrity needs
- Reduce potential failure scenarios and develop stable systems that are easy to maintain
- Key contributor to code review and design reviews for projects across the team
- Be the expert on, and identify opportunities to improve, the Operations ecosystem, technology and data models and its current strengths, weaknesses, and gaps, and communicates in structured terms to varied audiences and levels
- Expertise across multiple technical, business and data domains and of solutions across those domains
- Design and communicate tech-first solutions for essential operational and business problems.
- Contextualize immediate and future impact of technical design choices
- Respond to and resolve issues through investigation to produce insights for technology-enabled solutions
- Partner with the Engineering and Data teams to structure and health insurance operations; prototype and integrate with engineering and data services, pipelines, and models.
- Support urgent operational needs through on-call rotation; solve production issues across team boundaries
- Coach junior engineers, helping them to build successful products according to our best practices
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years of strong experience with Python
- 5+ years' experience with SQL
- 5+ years of experience in a technical role as a Data Engineer, Solutions Architect, Data Architect, Software Engineer or similar position
- Healthcare Industry experience (BONUS)
As a W2 employee of Medix, you will have the eligibility to participate in our talent benefits program, which includes Major Medical PPO Insurance, Dental/Vision insurance, Life & Disability Insurance, accrued paid time off and a 401K retirement plan with Medix matching.
Must be authorized to work for any employer in the US, without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
Here at Medix, we are dedicated to providing workforce solutions to clients throughout multiple industries. We have been named among the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation for two consecutive years. Medix has also been ranked as one of the fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine.
Our commitment to our core purpose of positively impacting 20,000 lives affects not only the way we interact with our clients and talent, but also with our co-workers! The goal is lofty, but it is made attainable through the hard work and dedication of our teams and their willingness to lock arms together. Are you ready to lock arms with us?