Software EngineerRegular price
SquarePeg is working with one of the premier Blockchain Infrastructure Technology companies to find a Forward Deployed Engineer - Scala for their Engineering team in New York, NY, USA.
We are building the next generation of capital markets technology. Our solutions are used by the world’s leading banks, asset managers, hedge funds, and infrastructure providers. Our diverse team focuses every day on our goal of building products that will change and improve how our clients and the markets will interact.
We are seeking talented, motivated professionals that want to be part of this once-in-a-career opportunity to not only see, but also drive the incredible changes coming to global capital markets. We are building a culture where our team feels valued and everyone is given an opportunity to grow and succeed. We try to live by our Core Values and demonstrate what we believe represent the kind of company we are working to build. These Values are: Delivery is everything; Choose Kindness; Be better every day.
We is looking for a Forward Deployed Engineer who will be responsible for software development for our biggest client initiatives. Our projects vary across multiple industries including Bond Issuance, Stock Loan, and Swaps to deliver a seamless, optimized experience all the way to the end user. You will work directly with our clients to understand and solve their largest pain points. We are a backend Scala organization with expertise in Go and Solidity. Our frontend runs on React. We use multiple frameworks such as Zio, Akka, and Play. Some other tools we use include Kafka and Postgres.
This role reports directly to our Director of Engineering and is based out of our New York City office. Please note, for the safety of our teams, all employees are currently working remote.
- Interface directly with our clients to discover pain points and work with our team to develop plans and execute them
- Write code mostly in Scala and interact with messaging systems like Kafka
- Review code and promote software development best practices by bringing a rigorous approach to delivering quality products
- Promote technical design and coding standards for our platform and product roadmaps based on input from our clients
- Share and promote your knowledge of API development, networking components, and implementing secure protocols
- Promote best practices for facilitating Agile and Test Driven Development
- Collaborate with Scrum team for coordinating tasks across features
- Curious and enthusiastic for tackling tough problems and delivering effective solutions
- A great verbal and written communicator - you’ll be part of a talented team and will be collaborating with clients and stakeholders inside and outside of the company
- A deep problem solver - the ability to analyze a business or technical problem and select the most appropriate solution
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience with at least one year writing code in Scala
- Experience deploying and supporting production workloads
- Experience building REST API services
- Strong database experience, preferably with PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, or DB2
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with Kafka or other streaming/messaging tools
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Experience with containerization/orchestration tools such as Docker or K8s
- Familiarity with tools and frameworks in the Scala and Java ecosystems (Akka, Zio, Play, Spring Boot, etc.)
- Experience with networking protocols (http, tcp, gRPC, etc.)
- Experience working with OAuth and Authorization providers
- Experience with SaaS
- Capital markets and fintech experience
About SquarePeg Hires:
SquarePeg is dedicated to finding you the right fit. We match applicants with curated opportunities based on workplace and personal preferences, as well as skills. You control which roles we put you forward for -- we are directly in touch with hiring managers, and only hiring managers responsible for roles you're interested in can see your profile. Employers turn to our assessments for insight into important soft skills that can't be found on a resume. Take our assessments in approximately 10 mins, and you will receive a personalized report relevant to your career. There are no wrong answers, and no preparation is necessary! Join us at www.SquarePegHires.com.