Cloud Software DeveloperRegular price
About the job
Are you a high energy and hands-on engineer? Join the company that is bringing battery storage to homes and offices. You will be part of Fortress Power’s newly formed IoT Team. We are creating the next-gen computing tools to make batteries smaller, stronger, and last longer.
This position may be a good fit if you
- Flourish when given a lot of freedom to flex your creative and flexible muscles
- Get frustrated when told “we’ve always done it this way”
- Are passionate about renewable energy
- Want to “think outside the smart phone” and develop for hardware that actually does something in real life.
What you’ll do
- Drive IoT and app development projects in a collaborative and flat organization
- Collaborate with smart people across the disciplines making power electronics, firmware, IoT hardware, mobile apps, develop ops automation, and more
- Design elegant interfaces between real world devices and cloud systems
- Build scalable cloud-native IoT applications and API’s
What You Should Know How To Do
- Work with cloud compute platforms like AWS. (3 years experience preferred). If you know how to use these particular services, even better.
- Have a fundamental grasp of good software and dev ops practices
- Version Control with git
- Infrastructure as code
- Continuous Integration
- Interact with embedded systems and serial communications
- RS485, modbus, canbus
- Speak Mandarin Chinese
- Translate technical concepts between Chinese and English
Put your best foot forward! When you apply be sure to brag about any certifications you have earned or cool projects you have built or contributed to. Bonus points for links to your github or working projects.
Fortress Power has proudly serviced homeowners and commercial clients worldwide. Our Pennsylvania-based team’s passion for clean energy storage has earned us a place among the world’s top energy storage battery manufacturers. We pride ourselves on bringing of businesses and households energy storage products they can depend on, built from only the highest quality, highest powered lithium ferrite phosphate batteries.