Full-Stack EngineerRegular price
Why Work Here?
“Great, well-respected company in the industry that has long-term career growth in mind. Temp to perm considered after 6 months.”
Our client is l
*At present, due to COVID 19, all employees are working from home remote at this time.*
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects millions of all-sized businesses and job seekers through innovative mobile, web, and email services, as well as through partnerships with the best job boards on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Our team has a unique opportunity to work on applications at scale, serving millions of jobseekers and tens of thousands of customers. We're working on building an efficient marketplace of jobseekers and employers and need full-stack engineers to build fast, scalable, and effective applications that help connect people to their next job. We provide an essential service and have a thriving business as a result.
Our stack is complex and we're looking for engineers who know how to write evolvable, properly instrumented, and efficient code as part of a growing distributed system. We're working on mobile-first web applications and need people who can build fast and intuitive experiences.
- Design and implement user-facing applications at scale
- Play a key role in architectural decisions as we build toward an efficient distributed microservice architecture
- Deploy a range of cloud-based technologies for critical projects
- Write, test, instrument, and deploy code to our Kubernetes environment
- Help drive the innovation and evolution of ZipRecruiter
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Computer Science degree or relevant experience
- Ability to write high-performance, well-designed, well-crafted, readable, and tested code in a team environment
- Ability to build in multiple languages and the ability to pick up new languages quickly
- Solid understanding of both non-relational and relational database systems
As part of our team you'll enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
Remote U.S. candidates encouraged to apply. This position can be in-office in New York City or work-from-home.
The skills and experience you’ll bring to the job
- Performance testing and unit testing
- Rock-solid debugging and data analysis skills
- Developing software using Agile/Scrum methodologies with 2-3 week sprint cycles
- Typescript is a plus.
- WordPress experience a plus
- Experience with ad serving technology, including DFP/GAM, header bidding, and/or Prebid.js a plus
Qualities of the ideal candidate
- Problem Solver - You quickly understand and work with complex code, able to break down business requirements into code.
- Accountability/Organized - You are detail-orientated in your work and emphasize code ownership and understand its importance within the system.
- Passionate/Curiosity - You are positive and have an enthusiastic attitude toward your work, excited to learn new technologies and implement them in current systems.
- Flexible/Adaptable - You quickly adjust to changes within requirements of a project, within the team, or organization.
- Communicative - You are a proactive and clear communicator, willing to be a mentor and teach others on the team.
- Empathetic - You understand and appreciate others. You effectively work with teammates providing encouragement and useful feedback in code reviews and projects.
WAVSYS is a national solutions company offering contract, permanent and turnkey staffing solutions by leveraging its international network of 20 offices covering USA, Canada, and the UK.