About the jobJob Title: Developer
Barclays is a British universal bank. We are diversified by business, by different types of customers and clients, and by geography. Our businesses include consumer banking and payments operations around the world, as well as a top-tier, full service, global corporate and investment bank, all of which are supported by our service company which provides technology, operations and functional services across the Group.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognises and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a carer, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
If you would like some flexibility, then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
You will be a key part in supporting our Development teams in building high quality payment solutions for existing and the next generation Gateway Platform. You will have a DevOps mind set in your approach to delivering the business goals and strategy. Working in the Cloud, you will have a keen interesting in making the most of what benfits that comes with.
The role will work closely with all teams across development, operations and infrastructure.
You will play a role in planning and prioritising tasks using your experience to highlight risks and challenges during this process.
What will you be doing?
- Aligned with timescales and deliverables of the Platform team, you will ensure the timely delivery of new product infrastructure in the Dev/Test environment.
- Transition of business critical software and project releases including platform and technology upgrades on agreed schedules and standards throughout all the technical environments self-solving blockers as often as possible
- Operational Acceptance Testing of new services and application releases, escalating risks and issues accordingly to prevent service incidents and project blockers
- Driving innovation and continuous improvement through the development of automated scripts to streamline the release process and maintain release cadence
- Attendance development team demos, taking ownership of knowledge sharing amongst the technical teams
- Building out new Cloud infrastructure and supporting the Live Dev/Test environment.
- Looking at new tooling and supporting improvements in existing tooling.
- Strong working knowledge of Cloud technologies (AWS). Working knowledge of Redhat Linux or another Linux distribution (e.g Debian). Appreciation of cloud / distributed architectures.
- Working knowledge of HashiCorp products (Packer, Terraform). Experience of using a configuration management tool (ideally Chef). Knowledge of tools like SonarQube, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle etc.
- Strong knowledge of DevOps principles and CI:CD. Experience of participating as a member of an Agile development team.
- Experience of programming in an Object Orientated Language (e.g, Ruby, Python, etc..). Experience of working and deploying Openshift or Kubernetes.
- BE, MCA or equivalent
- Appreciation of Event Driven Architecture & Domain Driven Design, Container registries, Strong TCP/IP networking experience, Experience of working in highly controlled environments
- Experience of Cloud Security principles, Experience of working with Infrastructure technologies, Experience of working on RHEL IPA, Experience of using test automation tools (e.g. Inspec, ServerSpec)
- Experience of using the Git source code control system, Understanding of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Experience of Apache product set (Kafka, Zookeeper, etc)
Where will you be working?
Be More at Barclays
At Barclays, each day is about being more – as a professional, and as a person. ‘Be More @ Barclays’ represents our core promise to all current and future employees. It’s the characteristic that we want to be associated with as an employer, and at the heart of every employee experience. We empower our colleagues to Be More Globally Connected, working on international projects that improve the way millions of customers handle their finances. Be More Inspired by working alongside the most talented people in the industry, and delivering imaginative new solutions that are redefining the future of finance. Be More Impactful by having the opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, and Be More Valued for who you are.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Purpose, Values and Mindset
We deploy finance responsibly to support people and businesses, acting with empathy and integrity, championing innovation and sustainability, for the common good and the long term.
Our values underpin everything we do: Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship.
We harness the power of diversity and inclusion in our business, trust those we work with, and value everyone's contribution.
We operate with honesty, transparency and fairness in all we do.
We act with empathy and humility, putting the people and businesses we serve at the centre of what we do.
We champion innovation, and use our energy, expertise and resources to make a positive difference.
We prize sustainability, and are passionate about leaving things better than we found them.
Our Mindset shapes how we take action, living by our Values, driven by our Purpose, always with our customers and clients at the heart of what we do; our Mindset is to Empower, Challenge and Drive.
Trust and support each other to deliver. Make decisions with those closest to the topic. Include diverse perspectives. Celebrate success and learn from failure.
Sign In For Details