Sr Software EngineerRegular price
About The Role
Driver team builds the core platform that allows millions of earners around the world to make their living on Uber, and in turn powers all of Uber’s consumer services.
In the Bay Area, we are hiring for:
Building the technology and experiences that enables the Earners to seamlessly deliver on a range of jobs (ride sharing, deliveries, groceries). This is the core experience that powers every Uber trip. You will be working on building frameworks that optimize the distribution of job offers, real-time positioning & experiences to enable safe & seamless pick ups and drop-offs.
Building an unmatched loyalty & recognition platform that recognizes Earners for their commitment & quality of service, and rewards them, both on and off the road. You will be working on a rewards system that tiers drivers in real-time and correspondingly offers them rewards and incentives to maximize earner retention and marketplace impact. In addition, you will be working on products that enable rating & tipping across all of uber’s consumer services - generating multiple billions of dollars every year for the earners.
Building a modern ads stack, from the ground up - from rich campaign management to targeting intelligence, ranking, and analytics. Uber is relatively new to the advertising space, and you will have the opportunity to drive the design and implementation of a robust and extensible architecture, while moving the state of the art forward.
Building the product platforms that enable all the Uber teams to build features into the Driver app. You will be working on messaging & presentation frameworks, application’s information architecture, personalization platforms and all the way to the UI development frameworks.
What You’ll Do
- Work with Product, UX and Design to growth and customer experience metrics
- Write quality code and documentation which can be used as the example for your company
- Mentor other engineers and continue building a strong culture of quality
- Collaborate with multiple product, data and engineering teams, as well as external partnerships for integration into our platform
- Help build consensus by being open to variety of view points and aid in bridging a gap in case of a disagreement
- New feature development, Bug fixing, Performance testing and Cross-team collaboration
- Handle rapid change and experimentation in a balanced way and support metrics for analytics, marketing, growth and security
- Champion best software engineering practices such as continuous integration, delivery, and deployment.
- Exceptional candidates are expected to have experience working multi-functionally with product managers, designers, and other engineers, building products from initial conception to testing and rollout.
- Candidates are expected to be highly proficient in iOS development, application design philosophies (MVC, MVVM, etc.), source code management (git), clean API design.
- 2+ years of relevant work or educational experience in client-side software development using Swift/Objective C
- Strong expertise in Swift, Objective-C and iOS SDK
- Experience with writing, releasing, maintaining mobile code
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Experience efficiently collaborating on projects
- Familiarity with principles of good user experience
Knowledge of the principles of accessibility and ability to craft products that are accessible to users with disabilities
Sign In For Details