Expert - Full Stack DevelopmentRegular price
About the jobRelocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 133423 - Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Do you want to come to work with a smile and leave with one as well? In between those smiles, your day consists of working in a global organization, continually learning and collaborating, having stimulating discussions, and making impactful contributions!
If this is how you see your career, Colgate is the place to be!
Our conscientious household brands, dedicated employees, and sustainability commitments make us a company passionate about building a future to smile about for our employees, consumers, and surrounding communities. The pride in our brand brings a workplace that encourages creative thinking, champions experimentation, and promotes authenticity which has weighed into our enduring success.
If you want to work for a company that lives by their values, then give your career a reason to smile...every single day.
In today’s multifaceted technology environment, it is an exciting time to be a part of the information technology team at Colgate. Our highly technical and innovative team is dedicated to driving growth for Colgate Palmolive in this ever-changing landscape.
What role will you play as a member of the Colgate’s Team for this position?
The candidate is a subject matter expert and responsible for design, development and implementation of various applications in the area of large scale worldwide Colgate e-Commerce Operation and provides support.
The person will be required to collaborate with business teams / functional teams and IT counterparts for daily support incidents and project activities in different business areas across all geographies.
The person should have the ability to understand the requirements related to business problems and transform that into a solution design.
Who Are You…
You are an technical architect -
- Understand and apply information technology standards to daily support and project implementation activities
- Apply conceptual knowledge of business processes and technology to solve highly complex business processes and procedural problems
- Develop and modify user-facing features for web and mobile eCommerce applications
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Develop and modify user facing features for web applications
- Support ongoing development for existing projects/applications
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Improve test coverage of existing code bases
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to translate business requirements into digital solutions
- Work closely with UX and design resources to ensure technical feasibility of designs while maintaining user-centric focus
- Work within a product team to prioritize and implement new application features, while simultaneously maintaining the quality of existing features and functionality
- Assist the product manager in managing the product backlog, assigning points to backlog items to correctly establish velocity, and establishing sprint goals
- Ensure the proper use of information technology project management methodology to comply of information technology governance practices
- Ensure proper documentation of processes, knowledge acquisitions and transfers
- Review program codes and suggest correction in case of any errors
- Conduct performance tuning to improve system performance over multiple business processes
- Collaborate with business and functional teams, develop detailed plans and accurate estimates for completion of build, system testing and implementation phases of project
- Work closely with internal team and external partners to ensure new developments align with roadmap and integrate seamlessly with other platform components
- Manage / guide members to implement cross functional projects / initiatives leveraging project management standards
- Mentor and share knowledge to grow and develop the skills of the eCommerce team members
- Stay updated with the latest technological advancement. Adapt to these changes by self-training and research work
- Identify and explore new opportunities to leverage new technologies to enhance the Platform
- Over all 10+ years of IT experience and min 7 years as Frontend developer
- Minimum 5 years of experience in React Js
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or similar degree
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Familiarity with Node.js and server frameworks such as Express or Sails
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Working knowledge of GIT source code control and branching methodologies, debugging, performance monitoring, benchmarking, logging, and testing tools
- Strong experience with test driven development methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication and collaborative skills, and the ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms and business needs into technical specifications
- Developing applications on cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience working on Agile development teams
- Experience of using user centric design and applying User Experience concepts
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager is a plus
- Proficiency with Git version control
- Familiarity with browser rendering behavior and performance
- Familiarity with JS automated testing tools and frameworks
- Experience with backend/API development
- Interest in DevOps principles
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognized brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education program, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.