Fullstack EngineerRegular price
We’re looking for a Fullstack Engineer to help us build for the financial back office for therapists. This role will focus primarily on the Heard Core platform.
Position Type: Full-Time
Location: San Francisco, CA / Remote (USA)
🌏 About Heard
Heard's mission is to help therapists with their businesses.
By helping them take care of all their business needs — accounting, taxes, bookkeeping & more, we create a world where therapists can focus on the thing they know best: helping their clients.
Unlike most small businesses, mental health providers lack the tools and systems needed to understand the ins and outs of their business. They're forced to work with a disparate array of expensive services or contractors to manage their finances, their taxes, their payroll, their savings and more. Not only is this outside their area of expertise — every hour spent wrangling finances or filling out forms is one less hour spent providing care.
Heard offers therapists bookkeeping, accounting, taxes, and payroll all in one easy-to-use platform.
Heard is growing incredibly fast. We launched in Jan 2021, and most recently raised our Series A in Feb of 2022. We have a clear, well-funded pathway to becoming an industry leading software services provider for independent mental health practitioners.
Our Core Values
- 💁 Focus on the customer
- 😊 Psychological safety always
- 🛣️ Go the extra mile, together
- 🤔 Be relentlessly curious
- 👼 100% ownership
🌟 About You
- You've built complex systems, making decisions on scope, architecture, and feasibility
- You have 4+ years of relevant experience as a full stack engineer
- You're comfortable with ambiguity, and in taking a feature from idea to production
- You write easily maintainable, well-structured code that considers the real-world business context
- You're comfortable with both FE and BE development — creating React components, updating API endpoints, and architecting new data models
- You care about the context behind the work that you do, and seek to understand its business impact
- You're a great communicator and collaborator. You're comfortable with regularly providing feedback, and open to receiving feedback
- You love working with a small (yet mighty) team!
- If you've built products in the fintech industry, or worked on products that have handled financial information before, that's a huge plus!
👋 About the Role
- You'll be joining our small but mighty team of 12 and our engineering team of 3, working with our CTO Victoria to build the Heard Core experience.
- You'll be working across the stack — React/Typescript, Node, Heroku, Postgres
- You'll be working on Heard's core user-facing features: Taxes, Accounting/Bookkeeping, Reporting
- You'll be responsible for building and iterating features from initial idea to production, working cross-functionally across the company. Engineers at Heard are user-centric and product-minded
- As an early engineer hire, you will help set our engineering culture, and collectively improve on our engineering practices
- You will have tremendous impact on the company's direction, and help us scale to thousands and tens of thousands of therapists
- You'll grow with the company — whether as a product leader, an engineering manager, or an individual contributor, we'll invest in you.
- We're 100% serious about making Heard the best place you'll ever work at.
- Market salary and equity — and flexibility to choose distribution.
- Unlimited PTO
- Healthcare and dental
- Mental Wellness Stipend
- Remote Work Stipend
We want you to love the work that you do, the team that you’re working with, the environment that you’re working in. It is often hard to tell from a job description what working at a company is like, but some reasons why Heard may not be a good fit for you:
- Our mission of helping therapists does not resonate with you
- You desire a consistent 9-5 job.
- You prefer highly structured, well-defined environments
- You’re uncomfortable with ambiguity or “being the first” in figuring something out