IT Specialist InternRegular price
PPC is the global leader in connective technology. PPC's award-winning connectors, cables and accessories are used by cable systems, satellite networks and wireless businesses around the world. PPC is proud of its wordwide reputation for technical leadership and innovation. We hold more patents in connector technology than any other company in the world. Seeking out network issues or recurring problems in network components as technology advances ensures that our solutions exceed our customers' and the industry's expectations for value, quality and reliability.
PPC is just one of the many brands that make up Belden’s impressive portfolio. Belden is a multi-billion dollar global organization of 8,000 talented people that supports the mission-critical network infrastructure and audio visual broadcast needs of many of the world’s best-known brands, placing us at the heart of the global transformation to a truly connected world. We are seeking driven, results-oriented team members to help us continue to grow and succeed.
IT Specialist Intern
PPC is seeking a talented IT Intern to support PPC IT initiatives during the summer of 2022. The ideal candidate will be currently enrolled in an accredited IT program, have strong inter-personal skills, and invites both hardware and software challenges, in a fast-paced IT environment.
1. Works Collaboratively with IT Help Desk Specialist on:
o Hardware and software installs, and deployment
o Answer basic Help desk calls
o Assist users with PC / laptop troubleshooting issues
o Assist users with PC / laptop moves
o Troubleshoot network printer issue
o PPC IT asset tracking and inventory
o All Additional Miscellaneous Projects
2. Ensures all Help Desk calls are logged and followed up on
3. Liaises with external vendors for new quotes
· Working towards a Bachelor’s in IT, or other relevant field.
· Demonstrated proficiency in IT troubleshooting skills.
· Demonstrated experience in Windows operating systems.
· Proficient with hardware and software installs.
· Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects under deadline.
· Strong attention to detail and organization.
· Willingness to learn new programs and skills.
· Customer-focused and service-oriented.
· High degree of initiative and follow through on projects.
At PPC we trust in our people, products, and direction which allow us to cultivate a winning environment bringing us to where we are today. As the industry leader, we not only value the customer, but we make it a point to treat each employee like family. By fostering a good work-life balance, offering training opportunities, education assistance, excellent medical benefits, wellness initiatives, and much more, we attract and retain high-level talent to help us grow our business. A career at PPC is much more than a job; it’s an opportunity.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability, or protected veteran status.