Java Back End DeveloperRegular price
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself.
Dell’s IEO (Infrastructure Engineering & Operations) organization provides a set of shared services for engineering labs and engineering teams across all divisions of ISG, supporting product development. The Security & Configuration Management Services Team within IEO has team members in Russia, US, Ireland and India and is responsible for delivering security automation for multiple device types in engineering labs across the globe. Our goal is to provide an enterprise-level service to device users and lab managers. This enables them to secure their devices from vulnerabilities in a self-service manner at a time of their choosing, whether on a per device level or in bulk. Although the service leverages multiple underlying technologies to achieve its goal it will be presented seamlessly as a single service and single experience to users and lab managers.
We are providing an opportunity to help drive a unique project of corporate-wide impact and to influence the strategic decisions on how to execute it. We need a Software Engineer who will help develop a service, comprised of several microservices, to integrate with multiple external systems, determine activities that need to execute and coordinate activities between those systems.
Candidates will have good technical, programming and analytical skills and have experience of operating within a high performing team. They should have knowledge of microservice design and containers and be open to learning new technologies and different ways of thinking about how to solve problems.
The successful candidate report to the Manager, Systems Management, who is based in St Petersburg, Russia.
- Participate in analyzing and clarifying requirements and contribute to implementation plans to deliver quality features
- Contribute to development activities by implementing new features, enhancements and fixing defects
- Perform code reviews, suggest design improvements
- Participate in cross-geo communications between team members
- Contribute into documentation for the team and share the knowledge with peers
- Along with other team members, communicate with the internal customers and respond to their feedback, advise them on the service usage, help them solve the service related problems
- University Degree with a major in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of Software Java Back End Development experience
- 2+ years of Java technologies: core, Spring, Hibernate/JPA
- 1+ years working with RDBMS (Oracle, MySql, preferably Postgres)
- Experience with deploying applications into container environment, especially Kubernetes
- Experience in working with CI/CD systems
- Experience in working with source control systems, based on Git
- Experience in working with bug tracking, collaboration tools (preferably Atlassian toolchain – JIRA, Confluence)
- Knowledge about cloud systems, virtualization, remote systems access
- Experience working in remote virtual environments is a plus
- Have experience of developing distributed systems of micro-services architectures
- Message bus brokers experience, RabbitMQ in particular
- Willingness and ability to learn ELK or any other similar stack
- Great communication skills and collaborative teamwork-oriented mind
- Understanding of agile software development principles and best practices
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you’re ready to develop cutting-edge software for a changing world, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.