Java / Full Stack Engineer - Enterprise ArchitectureRegular price
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
As part of our diverse tech team, you can architect, code and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers’ digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems. Amex offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development. Find your place in technology on #TeamAmex.
About Enterprise Architecture (EA):
EA as an organization aims to set the bar for technology at American Express. The two main drivers of EA’s success are its frameworks (common services to be leveraged by engineering teams across the enterprise) and its Major Engagements (high priority, business critical projects which need architectural guidance and support). The Senior Engineer in EA will be expected to do hands-on programming to develop reusable, platform-agnostic frameworks, as well as work with product/business teams to design resilient, highly available, scalable distributed systems.
- Design, build and manage enterprise platform and frameworks for Process Management, Case Management, Work Management
- Designing, developing, and supporting shared technology services leveraged by the enterprise
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Experience in Process Management, Case Management, Work Management is preferred
- Experience in Automations, Cognitive OCR, AI / ML driving cost savings is preferred
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing large scale platforms with high resiliency, availability, and reliability.
- Strong experience in applications with high throughput and performance
- Experience with micro services architectures and service mesh technologies is preferred.
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks – Hands on experience in some or all of the following is preferred:
- Java, Python, Go, React, Envoy, gRPC, ProtoBuf, JSON, CouchBase, Cassandra, Redis, Consul, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, Drools, Elastic Stack, Kafka, Spark
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Currently, the Company requires that colleagues be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work in or visit any of our US and Canada offices, subject to legally required accommodations. If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to visit our offices.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.