Manager, Data StrategyRegular price
As a digital business transformation partner of choice, we’ve spent nearly three decades utilizing the disruptive power of technology and ingenuity to help digitally enable our clients' business in their pursuit of next. We bring a startup mindset and agile methods to both established companies and the public sector to unlock value in ways that delight their customers and improve their operational effectiveness. Our approach to transformation is grounded in a view of both the company and the customers simultaneously, and a unique fusing of strategy and consulting, experience, and engineering with an enduring culture of problem-solving creativity.
In the space between next and now is how. And we believe that how you seize that space is everything! Our ambition is to create an environment where data scientists and artificial intelligence experts can tackle some of today’s most complex, strategic operational challenges. To make this happen we require the brightest minds in strategy to focus on data. This new venture will deliver predictive analytics solutions to leading businesses. It’s an opportunity to design, build, and implement practical, end-to-end platforms that help the world’s most recognized brands to make smarter decisions and provide more valuable services to their customers. With mentorship from both companies and the agility of a startup, we’re building something from the ground up with deep resources, alongside a team of the world’s premier talent in data science.
The purpose of the Manager, Data Strategy is to work with clients undergoing a data-driven transformation (DDT) across the globe. The Manager, Data Strategy will accelerate and drive the DDT strategy for clients, working in partnership with Digital directors, client teams, and practice capability. Furthermore, the role will be a key contributor in ensuring the agency is an industry leader in digital thinking, execution, and value realization for clients through data-driven solutions. Specifically, this role leads the definition of data-driven learning agendas, use cases for technology adoption, data strategy as well as owning partner evaluation, selection, and integration, and finally activation on client accounts. The requirement of the role is both strategic as well as executional, leading the activation of data-driven marketing solutions.
- Lead the definition of the Digital, Data and Technology learning agendas
- Responsible for ensuring the data strategy and measurement frameworks align, and securing client approval and driving adoption
- Working with planners, clients, strategy directors and digital directors to define an audience framework and data strategy for each brand and overall brand portfolio tapping into relevant data partners, publishers, and first-party data
- Grow the use of DMP and CDP in data driven use cases, application in campaigns, and general adoption through strategy to connect to a wider spectrum of datasets, particularly 1P and 2P data
- Support the development of technology-based platforms and applications as a data strategist providing data thought leadership alongside Publicis Sapient data & tech talent as well as partner agencies
- Define and support the implementation, measurement and activation of data-driven use cases
- Function as the data technology and strategy subject matter expert, acting as a client steward and trusted partner, ensuring the technology ecosystem fits together while leading the implementation of any desired changes and proactively suggesting optimizations to improve data fluidity, reducing data loss / improving data match rates
- Work with planners to provide guidance on how data can be utilized to inform annual planning insights and work with the team to help inform how data integration evolves the planning process
- Lead the development of education programs for Data for both internal and client audiences
- Provide data though leadership and communicate data strategy needs as inputs into the media partnership strategy
- Standup and lead a testing program to continuously try new vendors and partners to improve on data and technology delivery
- Lead execution of data-driven marketing program approach across agencies supporting digital directors in the development of data strategies for their client, setting best practice approaches, and educating planning teams
- Provide strategic direction on data driven thought leadership agenda for media partners
- Lead the continuous embedding of new data-driven approaches and case studies into our Human Experience Planning framework and agency collateral
- Be a key driver of new business pitches and prototyping work
Your Skills & Experience
- Strong data and data-driven marketing knowledge, able to interpret client business/technical requirements, and support in translating these into clearly articulated, parceled up learning agendas and strategies to accelerate how data and technology supports the maximization of client business outcomes.
- Knowledgeable about data types, sources, partners, and what defines the quality of data; expert in leveraging data in a media and non-media context for activation, measurement as well as strategic applications
- Excellent storytelling and communication skills, with the ability to simplify complex digital concepts and distill them to their core ideas, themes, insights, and recommendations
- Architect innovative and highly effective digital marketing strategies, communication plans, and integrated solutions.
- Curate a culture of learning in digital tools, case studies, new partners, and techniques
- High sense of ownership, drive, agenda setting
- Ability to lead a team of activation and content creators in brainstorming an initial response to brief and drive its refinement
- Strong team player with a can-do attitude and an ability to simplify as well as go into detail when necessary
- Aggressive appetite for learning and broadening/deepening skill set and knowledge as needed
- Ability to establish, manage and grow senior client relationships
- Ability to motivate and lead a team of data resources as well as the broader cross-functional team to project completion
- Ability to identify new business opportunities and value pools and propositions within the client’s business and drive account growth
- Ability to quantify and communicate impact-driven by the team through strategic, data-driven solutions and work