SEI Backend Software EngineerRegular price
About the jobHang is building the future of loyalty for brands
At Hang, we believe that the future of brand loyalty will be powered by NFTs. We are building a no-code, enterprise solution that helps brands increase customer LTV by harnessing the power of web3 to better incentivize users and supercharge customer loyalty. Our software helps brands verify users wherever they may be, enabling users to earn and be rewarded for taking actions that brands desire.
Our customers include top brands across food and bev, e-commerce and retail, hospitality, and entertainment. We recently raised our Series A from top-tier investors, founders, and brand CEOs and are quickly expanding the team.
About The Role
Our engineering team is currently a small, tight-knit and highly productive group. As an early member of the engineering team, you’ll be directly involved in making and executing technical decisions, as well as interfacing with our product team to understand business needs better. We all currently work across the stack to build out new features, and optimize our current solution to offer the best possible experience to our users.
As part of the backend team, you will work on greenfield projects, add to existing APIs, and build microservervices/APIs from scratch that will power Hang’s B2B reward system for businesses and users. We currently work with Ruby and Node.js across our backend services, and we use React on the frontend.
What You’ll Do
- Independently tackle medium sized tasks when the requirements and tech specs are clearly written.
- Interface with new and existing customers and company stakeholders to understand business needs and identify potential technical solutions.
- Collaborate with other engineers by engaging in agile best practices like peer code reviews and documentation.
- Help improve the stability and scalability of our platform as we onboard new clients. We currently run most of our backend and frontend services on a Kubernetes cluster hosted on AWS EKS.
- Automate flows for deploying, testing and upgrading our blockchain contracts across EVM-blockchains like Ethereum and Polygon, as well as the Solana blockchain.
- Integrate with partner APIs and client point-of-sale systems.
- You have 1-2 years of experience using Ruby
- You can independently tackle small tasks when build specs are written.
- You are comfortable asking questions instead of spinning your wheels on a task.
- You are hungry and excited to learn; you want to grow as quickly as possible and do so by putting in the time on your work and monitoring other tasks/projects being worked on by the team.
- You have a passion for consumer brands.
- You have a strong interest in Web3 and NFTs and are already familiar with the blockchain ecosystem.
- Top-tier health, vision, dental, and disability insurance, including plans with $0 employee cost.
- Unlimited PTO / sick leave
- Competitive salary & equity compensation.
- Quarterly company offsites an entrepreneurial spirit