Senior Java DeveloperRegular price
ECS is seeking a Java Developer – Senior for our USPS customer to work Remotely.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for a long-term opportunity, growth, flexible work environment with competitive salary and great benefits. If you are self-motivated, work with a team and individually, and are able to bring innovative solutions and ideas, then this is a great opportunity for you!
This position will perform and have the following duties, roles, and/or responsibilities:
- Design, develop and implement web-based applications.
- Design, develop and implement highly complex applications utilizing Oracle and Java technologies.
- Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills to solve complex problems across a large enterprise.
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure and ability to handle change easily while meeting deadlines.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical audiences verbally and in writing to design efficient and effective applications.
- Work independently and in a team environment, to give and receive direction.
- Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and revise Java source code based on clearly defined requirements.
- Participate in code reviews for team members as well as yourself.
- Assist in the setup of production environments including application servers and database structure.
- Assist in the implementation of applications through various testing phases and into production environments.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, work in a team environment and think analytically.
- Perform maintenance on programs currently in production.
- Assist QA teams with writing test scripts and explaining functionality.
- Unit Testing candidate releases.
- B.S. degree or 4 years of college in Computer Science or related field
- Must be US citizen or Green Card Holder and must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- At least 10 years’ experience in IT and or Software development
- 5+ years of experience with Java server technologies (JEE, Spring Framework, Spring Boot)
- 3+ years of experience with SQL and PL/SQL on Oracle or similar platform
- Experience with Angular and Bootstrap
- Experience with the NodeJS and Java toolchains (NPM, Angular CLI, Maven)
- Experience with Azure or AWS cloud services
- Experience creating REST web services (JAX-RS or Spring MVC)
- Experience creating single-page web applications
- Experience with testing tools (JUnit, Mockito, Mocha, Selenium)
- Experience with source control tools (Git, SVN)
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Ansible)
- Familiarity with Scrum or other agile methodologies
- Act as advisor to applications engineering team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to performs a variety of complex tasks
- Experience in designing, building and implementing cross-platform mobile application solutions in both Android and iOS
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3500+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.