Senior Software Engineer - Data Platform, Metadata Services (Permanently Remote!)Regular price
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
Metadata Services team owns RPC services that simplify data discovery, data management, and job scheduling, as well as API’s to power GUI data portal that is the main entry point for discovering and managing data inside Twitter.
You will make Twitter-scale data privacy compliant, more discoverable and easy to manage for data scientists and engineers across the company. You will be expected to lead efforts spanning across teams while offering support for others. You will collaborate to discover the best solutions. You will support your colleagues by reviewing code and designs. You will diagnose and troubleshoot issues in our existing systems and envision and build their successors.
You get to define and influence the technical strategy for the team as well as the larger Data Platform. You will get to evaluate various open source/cloud technologies and build modern systems to meet ever growing use cases of Twitter teams. You will work on all levels of the backend stack (Scala, MySQL, Finagle, Big data technologies etc..).
What it takes
- 5+ years of Experience
- Experience in building and operating distributed backend systems in Scala, Java or Python
- Strong design and architecture skills.
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience with contributing to open source software and/or metadata systems is a plus.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)