Software Developer - HealthcareRegular price
About the jobSoftware Developer - Healthcare (remote/work from home position)
We wanted a PBM that worked better… so we created one.
Southern Scripts, the leading disruptor in the PBM industry, simplifies the complexities of navigating through the Pharmacy Benefit Manager world by offering a value-added approach to ensure the employer absolute freedom, control, and choice to their health plan structure without compromising patient experiences and outcomes. We improve healthcare and reduce rising prescription costs for employers and their employees. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, strong, and committed to developing systems and service solutions that promote our business goals and commitments.
Southern Scripts is searching for incredible talent! We continue to experience accelerated growth in a rapidly changing industry. There's never been a better time to join our team.
We are currently seeking a Software Developer. This is a fully remote position.
Role and Responsibilities
Southern Scripts is a rapidly growing Pharmacy Benefits Manager (PBM) that builds industry leading technology to change the pharmacy networks space. Our technology is built in the .NET stack. We use Azure DevOps and an agile development life cycle. Our developers work many projects: a proprietary CRM built for customer management and business automation, client- and member-facing portals, iOS and Android mobile apps, and APIs. Southern Scripts prides itself on using technology to deliver fully transparent prescription savings to our customers.
The software development team is primarily remote with employee concentrations in South Carolina, Maryland, Louisiana, and Illinois. Candidates must work well remotely by collaborating with colleagues using tools such as Microsoft Teams.
- Complete assigned development tasks (stories) for bi-weekly release to production environments.
- Assist scrum team by providing size estimates and providing technical refinement notes.
- Design features while considering risks, performance challenges, user experience, and testability.
- Utilize secure coding practices and participate in code reviews, source code management, continuous delivery, and software architecture.
- Participate in daily standup, bi-weekly sprint planning, and monthly team retrospective.
- Abide by all obligations under HIPAA related to Protected Health Information (PHI).
- If a HIPAA violation is discovered, whether individually or by another, you must report the violation to the Compliance Officer and/or Human Resources.
- Attend, complete, and demonstrate competency in all required HIPAA Training offered by the company.
- Flexibility to understand, appreciate and embrace that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
What We Have to Offer
Our benefits package is designed to keep our employees happy and healthy - physically, mentally and financially.
- Servant culture
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Disability and Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Remote work options
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Annual Reviews and Development Plans
- Retirement Plan with company match immediately 100% vested
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00AM to 5:00PM CT. We cover clients from West to East Coast, work times must be adjusted to cover meetings in all time zones. Ability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays pursuant with industry demands.
- 3+ years of total experience in designing and developing business applications using C#., ASP.NET, MVC, SQL, and Entity Framework.
- Experience with developing Web APIs.
- Willingness to help with any part of the development cycle, particularly DevOps concerns such as builds and releases.
- An analytical mindset and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work independently while being part of a team.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Direct experience in the healthcare or financial industry.
- Experience with Azure DevOps.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related technical field.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in a technology or technical business discipline
- Three years software development experience in a healthcare or finance setting
- Direct experience in healthcare finance field, especially in management of self-funded medical benefit plans or healthcare provider connectivity
- Working knowledge of MediSpan drug data and its integration within software applications
Southern Scripts, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Southern Scripts complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Southern Scripts expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Southern Scripts employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. EOE M/F/D/VSign In For Details