Software Developer - InternRegular price
For more than 35 years, Penta has been helping construction companies reinvent the way they do business with our innovative software solutions. Penta is a Scrum Agile organization building a high-performance growth culture. We value team members who are courageous and respectful. Our growth mindset means we are committed to the continued development of our people and business. We want hungry, humble, and smart people on our team who, just like the rest of us, have an ownership attitude and are excited to take action to achieve profitable results.
This job is for you if:
- You are excited by the opportunity to design and implement software solutions that work toward a product goal.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and can pivot quickly to changing business needs and strategies.
- You are excited for an opportunity to work with leaders and peers who care about your growth and development.
- You enjoy learning about customers and their business problems and connecting them with our software solutions.
Here’s what an ordinary week might look like:
- Work on an agile team that self-manages around problem solving to get work done.
- Create well-designed, maintainable solutions.
- Contribute to process improvements in the development lifecycle.
- Learn about, improve, and implement Oracle and PLSQL procedures, packages, triggers, etc.
- Create API endpoints to help integrate our software solution.
Here’s the experience/skills we expect will help you excel in this role:
- Pursuing a degree in a relevant field.
- Software and/or infrastructure-focused work/school experience.
- Oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively and build relationships with others.
- Organization and planning skills with the ability to demonstrate effective project coordination, facilitation, and implementation based on past work or school experiences.
- Deductive reasoning skills and the ability to analyze and synthesize information for problem solving.
- Experience working with scripting interfaces.
- Experience working with XML, JSON, or other data-interchange formats.
- Experience working with databases and SQL.
- Knowledge of coding best practices.
- Experience working with Azure, AWS, or other related technologies.