Software EngineerRegular price
About the job
Our job is to be bold at work.
It starts with an insatiable curiosity about clients, colleagues, and the future. At Forrester, we believe curiosity powers progress. Forresterites bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on the ideas and initiatives that change the course of business. As a trusted advisor to the most influential companies in the world, we live at the nexus of what’s next.
About This Role
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer II to join our data experience team. The Software Engineer II is responsible for building software to process, manipulate, analyze, and store data collected by Forrester Decisions through fielded surveys and panel interviews while building stable application programming interfaces (APIs) and web applications to visualize that data and deliver it to customers.
This role is a key part of Forrester Decisions’ growing product technology group, which prioritizes delivering value through fact-based intelligence. We deliver innovative digital product experiences by ensuring customer, product, and market needs are properly implemented and reflected in a customer-ready digital product.
The Software Engineer II will drive solutions for our team in a couple of key areas:
- Develop: Develop production applications and APIs by employing modern cloud-based technologies.
- Collaborate: Coordinate closely with a dynamic technical team and partners in product management, digital experience design, QA, and DevOps to build high-value software.
- Innovate: Work with our data engineers to implement new data processing pipelines, transformation platforms, and integration systems for better client assistance response.
- Quality: Create unit tests, regression suites, and software to monitor the algorithms in production environments.
- A BS degree in computer science or a related field is required; an MS degree is preferred.
- Experience in building application servers and web-based front ends for internal tools and prototypes.
- Experience in data scripting languages (such as R or Julia) and in embedding such languages as part of a platform developed in a different language.
- A product mindset focused on the outcomes that benefit Forrester Decisions clients.
- Must love data and building things, such as tools, APIs, and platforms.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination, including sexual harassment.
The information provided by you in this application will be used for the purposes of recruitment and, for successful applicants only, for personnel administration and management purposes and to comply with the employer’s obligations regarding the retention of employee records. If your application is unsuccessful, Forrester Research, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or service providers (collectively “Forrester”) will retain your personal information on secure file solely to consider you for future recruitment opportunities.
By submitting your resume/CV, you consent to Forrester’s retention of the information provided on a secure file for personnel administration and management purposes and/or in order to consider you for future employment opportunities and to the transfer of the information provided to: Forrester’s offices in the US and other countries outside the European Economic Area; and Service providers engaged by Forrester for the purposes of processing applications for employment who may be located outside the European Economic Area.