Software Engineer 4 - BlockchainRegular price
Who We Are
Bakkt is a trusted digital asset platform that enables consumers to buy, sell, store, send and spend digital assets. Bakkt’s platform, is available through the Bakkt App and to partners through the Bakkt platform.
Bakkt was founded in 2018 with a unifying vision: to connect the digital economy. We power commerce by enabling consumers, businesses and institutions to unlock value from digital assets.
Digital assets – which include cryptocurrency, loyalty and rewards points, gift cards, in-game assets, and non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are unique digital assets that are not interchangeable – comprise a growing $1.6 trillion marketplace. We are unlocking new ways to participate in the digital economy for consumers, businesses, and financial institutions. We accomplish this by expanding access to and improving liquidity for digital assets.
Since our inception, we have hit a number of milestones, working behind the scenes to build a platform worthy of our vision – lowering barriers of entry into cryptocurrency, launching partnerships with some of the world’s premier brands and adding value to consumers’ digital assets by making their rewards and loyalty programs more compelling.
Bakkt acts as a profound bridge connecting the digital ecosystem and sitting at the intersection of crypto, loyalty and payments. Our platform enables consumers to leverage their digital assets – from cryptocurrency, to select loyalty points, gift cards and merchant offers – in new and exciting ways. It also enables companies & merchants to access all of these capabilities, extending engagement with their customers, creating moments of delight while broadening the appeal and daily use of their loyalty and rewards programs. Now, let’s get to the real reason why you’re here – how we can work together.
As a Software Engineer 4 - Blockchain on the crypto team, you will help build the DeFi products of the future. Working closely with our security engineering team, you will build upon Bakkt’s proprietary wallet infrastructure, create services that interact directly with blockchains, and implement systems that secure and safeguard digital assets using advanced private key management and storage technologies.
- Design, develop, and implement key system and application architecture components that support the creation, transfer, and storage of digital assets
- Build applications that interface with a variety of blockchain consensus mechanisms such as Proof-of-Work, Proof-of-Stake, and Delegated Byzantine Fault Tolerance
- Create products that incorporate advanced private key and wallet components such as multi-sig, key sharding, and hardware security modules
- Diagnose and resolve system issues in production and external customer-facing environments
- 3+ years as a Java or C# developer
- Experience with Spring Boot / Cloud, Spring Security, and Apache Camel in a production environment
- Strong experience with decentralized systems and cryptocurrency protocols such as Bitcoin and Ethereum
- Experience with public key infrastructure protection mechanisms, HSM technology, and cryptographic protocols
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems in a highly technical, customer-focused service environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering or equivalent technical experience