Software Engineer 5 - CryptoRegular price
Who We Are
Bakkt is a trusted digital asset platform that enables consumers to buy, sell, store, send and spend digital assets. Bakkt’s platform, is available through the Bakkt App and to partners through the Bakkt platform.
Bakkt was founded in 2018 with a unifying vision: to connect the digital economy. We power commerce by enabling consumers, businesses and institutions to unlock value from digital assets.
Digital assets – which include cryptocurrency, loyalty and rewards points, gift cards, in-game assets, and non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are unique digital assets that are not interchangeable – comprise a growing $1.6 trillion marketplace. We are unlocking new ways to participate in the digital economy for consumers, businesses, and financial institutions. We accomplish this by expanding access to and improving liquidity for digital assets.
Since our inception, we have hit a number of milestones, working behind the scenes to build a platform worthy of our vision – lowering barriers of entry into cryptocurrency, launching partnerships with some of the world’s premier brands and adding value to consumers’ digital assets by making their rewards and loyalty programs more compelling.
Bakkt acts as a profound bridge connecting the digital ecosystem and sitting at the intersection of crypto, loyalty and payments. Our platform enables consumers to leverage their digital assets – from cryptocurrency, to select loyalty points, gift cards and merchant offers – in new and exciting ways. It also enables companies & merchants to access all of these capabilities, extending engagement with their customers, creating moments of delight while broadening the appeal and daily use of their loyalty and rewards programs. Now, let’s get to the real reason why you’re here – how we can work together.
The Software Engineer 5 on the Crypto team, you will be responsible for guiding a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a range of large-scale front-end and back-end services. You should have an established background in designing and building highly scalable systems, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and the motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment. A willingness to take ownership and be accountable for results is essential.
- Expert, hands-on engineering delivery of product requirements
- Key contributor to the overall application architecture and direction of platform Partner with the Product team to deliver scoped requirements with accountability and visibility into milestones, deliverables, risk, and costs
- Plan and decompose high-level features, providing accurate estimates and roadmap/development plans
- Execute process improvement projects, including technical debt reduction and culling code or procedures that may no longer be needed
- Analyze the development processes and procedures to determine areas for improvement
- Team management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments
- Coach, mentor, and motivate software engineers in a high-performance software development organization
- Assign and monitor development progress across the team
- Assist Production Support Team with triage and identify root causes for issues with designated applications Requirements
- 5+ years of deep, hands-on experience, building custom platforms from design to production
- 2+ years of leadership experience as a technical lead or engineering manager
- Expertise in designing and developing financial applications to ensure high performance and scalability
- Proficiency with Oracle, MySQL, and Postgres databases
- Proficiency with cloud infrastructure (GCP and Azure preferred)
- Experience working with blockchain technology (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.)
Bakkt is devoted to having diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Bakkt does not make any employment decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity of any other characteristic protected by law. Must successfully pass a post-offer background check and drug screen.