Software Engineer, DevicesRegular price
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
What will you help us create?
Want to change the way millions of people communicate, shop, and have fun? Want to help Amazon bring products like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Kindle e-readers to market?
The Offline Retail Tech team enables customers to buy Amazon’s products at Best Buy, Staples, and many other brick and mortar retailers worldwide. Amazon’s products are in the US, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, India, and others! Our team’s responsibilities are centered on running the offline fulfillment channel, including ordering, inventory management, promotions, and returns for Amazon’s Devices business.
We are looking for a talented, experienced Software Development Engineer to help expand our global offline reach and build best-in-class solutions that help us grow the devices business at Amazon scale and speed!
Come be a part of Amazon’s product development. We want a highly technical individual with strong leadership to help put Amazon’s products in the hands of customers all around the globe.
Key job responsibilities
- Write high quality distributed system software
- Work extensively AWS technologies such as SQS, SNS, S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Data Pipelines, and Kinesis
- Launch new, high impact programs that reduce logistics costs or increase unit sales
- Perform development and maintenance of key system features
- Drive best practices and engineering excellence
- Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Establish architectural principles, selecting design patterns and mentoring team members on their appropriate application
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Experience developing software services and knowledge of design for scaleability, performance and reliability
- 4+ years of experience designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, C#, or C++, and Object Oriented Design.
- 4+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Experience developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs and product strategy
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.