Software Engineer- FullstackRegular price
About the job
At Everlane, we want the right choice to be as easy as putting on a great T-shirt. That’s why we partner with ethical factories around the world. Work with high quality and more sustainably sourced materials. And share the true cost of every product we make. But there's a lot more work to be done, and we're excited to be growing a team of motivated humans that are up for the challenge.
Everlane is looking for a driven software engineer to join our team. Engineers at Everlane work in a highly collaborative environment to develop software solutions for an increasingly diverse set of challenges across logistics, retail, and e-commerce as we seek to reimagine and set ever-higher standards for transparency and sustainability within the apparel industry.
This is a fully-remote position and will report directly to our Engineering Lead. Please note:
We are only accepting applications from those who file their taxes in one of the following states: California, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah Virginia, and Washington.
- Develop and test features for our custom-built e-commerce platform. We believe in the power of technology to differentiate our brand, whether that means building beautiful UIs, creating our own point-of-sale system, or swapping our tech stack to enable a faster site experience.
- Deploy code frequently and monitor your impact. We move quickly and lean into processes that empower that mode of operation. We have no dedicated QA team, no release cycles, no release engineers. Each engineer is responsible for getting their code (via a Slack command to deploy to Heroku) out the door as soon as it has been reviewed in Github.
- Collaborate with Customer Experience, Data, Retail, and other Everlane teams. We build tools that enable the flow of physical product, from ideation to production to arrival at an Everlane store or customer’s doorstep, and close internal cooperation ensures considered solutions and satisfied customers.
A great fit on the team is:
- A person who’s passionate about solving problems. We value technical expertise as well as a willingness to take on challenges wherever they arise.
- A teammate who is eager to learn, listen, and share opinions. Our fully remote Engineering team has a strong culture rooted in and cultivated through collaboration, discussion, and respect, and we care about that more than code.
- Someone who is not afraid of making mistakes but is eager to learn from them. We encourage each other to try new things and will have your back when things don’t go as planned.
- An engineer who enjoys working on a product from conception to deployment. We work closely with stakeholders and Product and Design partners, lending a helping hand and technical guidance.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 3+ years experience as a software engineer
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming and backend languages: Ruby, Python, etc.
- Effective communication, especially written
As part of our commitment to health and safety for our teams, we’re taking a responsible approach to creating the safest working environment we can. As part of that commitment, COVID-19 vaccines are required for all current and future Everlane Team Members that do not require an exemption.