Software Engineer I - New Bachelor's Degree!Regular price
About the job
Infrastructure Service’s (IS) network security team is responsible for auditing network devices, ensuring network access controls are accurately implemented, and is responsible for the authentication system for network devices (TACACS and one-time passwords). Our team is looking for an engineer to build and develop software for the auditing network systems and devices. The focus of the work will be software development, but there will be an operational component as well, which will include system administration, security and change reviews, and on-call support!
- Experience with Go, Python, or an equivalent language
- Experience in software development, delivering enterprise infrastructure or security platforms.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and work collaboratively, with the team and internal/external organizations.
- Ability to deliver high quality solutions and challenge the status quo.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas is preferred.
- Experience developing high performance APIs and/or services.
- Knowledge of identity management systems, such as TACACS+, RADIUS, LDAP, or Active Directory.
- Understanding of containers, deployment systems (CI/CD), and container orchestration platforms.
- Knowledge of networking, network protocols, network devices and router/firewall configuration.
- Knowledge of computer security and compliance.
We are looking for a professional engineer, who is able to complete coding tasks in Python or GoLang. The successful candidate will also research, evaluate and implement security tooling to ensure that Apple’s infrastructure is secure and compliance with government, industry and corporate policies and directives. To be successful in this role, you will need to excel at working together with internal partners and customers to collaboratively build the right application/solution. The primary focus of this role is coding and building high performance, scalable solutions for identify management and authentication systems for network devices; this includes building APIs and authentication systems. In addition to the software development, about 30% of the work will be supporting operations, including supporting existing TACACS systems, supporting existing APIs, security indent handling, security consultation, change review and approval, and periodic on-call duties in which the candidate will be on call for 7 days in a row, 24 hours a day.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science, Cybersecurity or equivalent. In lieu of a BS, equivalent work experience is acceptable.
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Role Number: 200301957