Software Engineer I (Remote)Regular price
About the job
Patterson isn't just a place to work, it's a partner that cares about your success.
One of the distinguishing marks of our company is the talented people who embrace the people-first, always advancing, and results-driven culture. Professional growth abounds in this motivating environment. We value the diverse talents and experiences our employees bring to Patterson and believe that they build a stronger and successful organization.
- Collaborate with clients, developers, and other team members in the conceptualization and development of new or existing software applications.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Help research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and external program users and stakeholders.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as directed.
- Execute software testing on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors and general debugging.
Agile Team Work
- Participate in defining software development plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Perform program turnover to production support and customers upon completion of development, testing, and documentation.
- Provide Level 2 support for incoming incident tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues.
- Partner with others in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
Ethics and Integrity: Acts consistently and makes decisions in the organization’s best interest.
Customer Focus: Makes customer and their needs the primary focus on one’s actions.
Drive for Results: Demonstrates drive, determination, and ownership to achieve both results and success.
Technical Expertise: Demonstrates and maintains technical and professional skills or knowledge in position-related areas.
Problem Solving: Uses logic and analytical methods to identify solutions resulting in effective problem resolution.
Self-Management: Manages time and resources and balances competing demands to ensure work is completed.
Collaboration: Works effectively with others to achieve a common goal.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering, Business, or area of functional responsibility preferred
- At least 1 year of programming experience preferred.
- Knowledge of all aspects of application development and project life cycles, including Agile applications
- Understanding of coding methods and best practices
- Database and operating systems experience
- Demonstrated knowledge in object oriented programming and design
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products
What's In It For You
We provide competitive benefits, unique incentive programs and rewards for our eligible employees:
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits and an integrated Wellness Program.
- 401(k) Match Retirement Savings Plan.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
- Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Holiday Pay & Floating Holidays.
- Volunteer Time Off (VTO).
- Educational Assistance Program (Tuition Reimbursement).
- Full Paid Parental and Adoption Leave.
- LifeWorks (Employee Assistance Program).
- Patterson Perks Program.
As a people-first company, Patterson promotes a culture that embodies and celebrates diversity and inclusivity. We believe our employees’ unique experiences and differences is what strengthens us and drives our success. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
We are Patterson. We welcome you.