Software Engineer InternRegular price
About the jobYahoo is a global media and tech company that connects people to their passions. We reach nearly 900M people around the world, bringing them closer to what they love—from finance and sports, to shopping, gaming and news—with the trusted products, content and tech that fuel their day. For partners, we provide a full-stack platform for businesses to amplify growth and drive more meaningful connections across advertising, search and media.
We are looking for a talented Intern Software Engineer to join our Finance Front-End team. We need someone who has a passion for creating excellent user experiences on Mobile and Desktop that our Finance users will love. We are motivated by the fact that our product is being used by millions of users in the US and around the world.
What you will do:
- Contribute significant tested, high-quality, reusable code
- Navigate the serving stack from browser to API with ease, across multiple technologies
- Test your own code using Test Driven Development techniques both unit and functional
- Partner with Product, Design and other teams to build and implement elegant, delightful solutions
- Own project/features development with minimal supervision, learn and apply new technologies quickly and without reticence
- Plan and iterate on impactful features
- Maintain and improve existing code with a pride of ownership including up-to-date documentation on processes and code
- Contribute beyond the level of a single engineer by advocating for good engineering practices and mentoring other engineers on your team
At Yahoo, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion (www.yahooinc.com/diversity/) page to learn more.
US Only: Please be aware that Yahoo requires all employees entering a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events) are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain and show proof of a vaccination to enter a U.S. Yahoo office and/or attending a company event (including client events). Yahoo is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law. Sign In For Details