Software Engineer - JuniorRegular price
About the job
What To Expect
- Tesla is committed to having industry-leading uptime in our deployed fleet of stationary battery storage solutions. We use data collected from our highly connected systems to find problems before the customer does and to systematically eliminate the causes of downtime. The Tesla Service Engineering Infrastructure and Analytics team is seeking a Data Infrastructure Engineer or Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer to lead the development of software that supports Tesla’s service response to failures that occur in our fleet. You will build tools to identify components in Tesla’s Industrial Storage fleet that have malfunctioned, and then orchestrate our response to those failures. Ultimately, you will be responsible for improving the uptime in Tesla Energy’s products.
What You’ll Do
- Lead the development of tools and data infrastructure to support the health of the energy fleet through large data set analysis, automated diagnostic tools, and automated responses to identified issues.
- Mine data from 100,000+ subsystems that are currently operating in the field to identify trends in equipment failures that are affecting the systems’ up time.
- Build microservices with clearly defined interfaces to add functionality based on the needs of the service and product teams.
- Provide weekly reporting to senior management on fleet performance, tool development progress, and roadmap of future development.
What You’ll Bring
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with 4-8 years of experience or proof of exceptional skills in related fields with practical software engineering experience
- Proven cross-functional leadership and collaborative skills
- Excellent oral, written communication skills
- An ability to prioritize and execute many tasks in parallel. An excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce clear and concise written documents and diagrams
- Experience developing software in Golang. Other language proficiency may also be considered if you can demonstrate a clear ability to write high quality software.
- Experience with Kafka and event driven architectures
- Experience with microservices and writing clearly defined contracts between those services Nice to Have
- Experience with battery systems and power systems
- Experience in predictive failure analytics
- Work travel is expected to be around 5% for this role. This would include traveling to customer sites as well as our manufacturing and engineering facilities in the US.