Software Engineering InternRegular price
Are you pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related coursework? Do you have a talent for troubleshooting, supporting multiple software components, translating user stories and requirements while connecting the dots to see the big picture? If you’re looking to gain practical experience, learn about industry trends and emerging technologies, we invite you to apply!
At VSP Global , we activate the full power of care by consciously reinvesting in greater vision, health, and opportunities for all. As an intern at VSP, you'll join a team of thinkers, doers, adventurers, risk-takers, and boundary-pushers who think outside the peripheral to develop products, programs, and services that help people see every possibility. By investing in your career growth and personal development, we hope that together we can create a world where everyone can bring their best vision to life.
You’ll have the unique opportunity to learn about technologies that support a global enterprise , and under the guidance of a mentor , you may assist with the following duties
As our Globa l Technology Solutions Intern, you’ll work within VSP Global’s Technology divi sion , where you’ll gain professional experience working with multiple teams and technologies .
- Deliver effective technical documentation, automated test scripts, and software components.
- Translate user stories and requirements, develop automated test scripts, and implement test scripts and software components within projects.
- Support t echnical design, planning, testing, and implementation within the Agile software development process.
- C ollaborate with software engineers, test engineers, business partners , and leaders on coding and debugging.
Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to gain valuable experience and networking opportunities across VSP and ecosystem partners.
- Programming skills, such as Java or Angular
- Experience using databases and computer operating systems
Qualities Of The Ideal Candidate
- Strong analytical aptitude for problem - solving skills
- Ability to apply best practices and meet organization standards
- Ability to work independently , manage time, and organize and complete work based on priority
- Interested in learning from other professionals and growing their skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Facilities to work remotely , including private or semi-private workspace
- A ccess to high - speed internet
- Technology will be provided
- Computer Science, Information Systems or related coursework
VSP Global is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability or protected veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.