ABOUT THIS POSITION:
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
Participates in analysis and development of test strategies/plans and automated tests to ensure delivery of quality information systems and/or software programs that conform to organization standards and user requirements. Works with project teams to develop test strategies/plans and automated test scripts. Completes all assignments through close interaction and management oversight.
Develops automated test scripts, performs tests and evaluates/validates test results including functional e2e testing, regression testing and systems testing for applications/systems. Manages defects and issues identified during testing through resolution.
Develops test strategies/plans and test scenarios/cases based on documentation and standards for applications/systems. Facilitates development of test approach with project team.
Participates in agile scrum ceremonies. Responsible for review of product backlog/business requirements/system documents for moderately complex applications/systems. Gains understanding of business functions/applications/activities pertinent to the project/change request.
Establishes the technical configuration for testing, including environmental components, data, automated test scripts and security. Coordinates migrations into the QA environment.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING TO THE POSITION:
• A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one (1) year IT Programming/test automation related experience or coursework. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, candidates may qualify with a High School diploma and two years of IT programming/testing experience.
• Novice understanding of IT Technical Architecture and working knowledge of the capabilities and constraints of small to large-scale, multi-processing computer systems.
• Basic working knowledge of Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) that interact with web applications.
• Communication Skills - ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, and to interact with both Business and IT partners to interact directly with the business community to clarify requirements.
• Analytical Skills - ability to gather and analyze information and draw logical conclusions.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU A MORE VIABLE CANDIATE:
• Bachelor’s degree or technical trade school.
• Basic working knowledge and some experience with multiple platforms (i.e., UNIX/LINUX, Windows/Intel); multiple database technologies, (i.e., Maria, Oracle, SQL Server); multiple test automation tools (i.e., Java Script, Protractor).
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
• Competitive pay plus a targeted 7% annual performance bonus
• Monday through Friday regular work schedule
• A wonderful team of fun, caring and friendly people to work with
• Fantastic perks and benefits that are hard to find in south Florida
WHO WE ARE:
Since 1923, NCCI has been committed to fostering a healthy workers compensation system. We are the nation’s trusted source for accurate, objective workers compensation information. We are the industry leader. At NCCI, we recognize that our employees are the reason our legacy endures today. We’re motivated by the opportunity to do challenging and interesting work, and our Total Rewards package attracts top talent. Our employees care about each other and the communities in which they live and work. Our values of integrity, respect, quality and excellence, responsibility, and commitment, guide our success.