Solutions EngineerRegular price
We are seeking an experienced Solutions Engineer in our PreSales organization that will serve as an OnSolve solution subject matter expert supporting our sales and account management teams. The Solutions Engineer will work with the OnSolve Sales team to drive new and upsell business through the SE’s demonstration and product understandings, matched to the customer’s requirements/needs. In addition, the SE will work closely with OnSolve’s account management personnel to collaborate with customers as they devise and implement appropriate solutions using our Critical Event Management OnSolve platform.
The candidate must possess strong capabilities to understand a customer’s needs for Enterprise solutions and to represent OnSolve’s product offerings through demonstrating subject matter expertise in the product the Critical Event Management market. This candidate must master an understanding of the Mass Notification, Risk Intelligence, and Incident Management industries and technologies, an understanding of business drivers behind customer needs for those offerings, strong interpersonal and customer engagement skills, experience with data oriented and project management methodologies, the ability to manage collaborative efforts both internally and with customer stakeholders, the ability to work self-directed, and a drive to succeed.
- Participate in meetings (both remote and on-site) facilitated by OnSolve sales or account management with customers, prospects, and partners.
- Deliver tailored solution presentations to customers, including technical product demonstrations, to highlight solution capabilities and value add features.
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer Success and Project Management teams during the sales cycle to identify and uncover customer business goals, needs, and pains, and to tailor customer specific product solution options discussions accordingly.
- Serve as the solution expert and liaison between the customer and OnSolve teams (i.e., Sales, Account Management, Customer Support, Product Management and Engineering).
- Work collaboratively with customers and OnSolve teams to provide consultative services to our customers, including onsite whiteboarding sessions and OnSolve product use case demonstrations.
- Remain current on job-specific knowledge through research, training courses, workshops, seminars and professional associations as authorized by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be comfortable speaking in public and interacting with C-level executives, senior management, developers, and engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree, or 5 to 10 years strong job experience in Business Continuity, Risk Management and/or the Mass Notifications industry
- Experience with Business Continuity concepts, methodologies, and best practices dealing with communications before, during and after an event is preferred
- Experience with Risk Intelligence and Incident Management concepts, including methodologies for identifying, understanding, and responding to events that potentially endanger an organization’s staff, assets or brand
- 3+ years of experience with enterprise level implementations and/or lifecycle management of software solution(s) utilized for Critical Event Management
- Demonstrated ability to work with ambiguity, multiple internal and/or external customers and projects, and limited oversight; able to take initiative and drive successful outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team structure (e.g., sales, product management, engineering, customer support, etc.)
- Experience in positioning and presenting SaaS software product solutions to address business problems
- Working knowledge of data integration (ETL) concepts
- Data and detail oriented, with strong time management and organization skills
- Articulate, listens effectively, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Power user experience with using of Microsoft Office tools
- Experience in Mass Notification and Risk Intelligence Industries, or equivalent
- Experience with IT alerting and DR, with a strong understanding of IT alerting use cases, requirements and solutions
- Experience supporting sales and/or account management teams in driving product and solution sales with customers
- Understanding of business and risk management use cases and solutions
- Understanding of message delivery over voice, SMS, email and other similar notification methods.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities