Solutions EngineerRegular price
Berbix’s mission is to enable all individuals to prove who they are and control how their information gets shared. Founded by the former engineering and product leaders for Trust & Safety at Airbnb, we empower companies to confidently answer the question: “Are you who you say you are?"
This is a question many online platforms need to answer about their users. We solve that problem by offering best-in-class ID verification and proprietary fraud detection technology to our customers, which they can access through developer friendly SDKs. We serve customers in a broad variety of industries, recently raised our Series A led by Mayfield, and are actively growing our all-star team.
The Solutions Engineer will work with Account Executives to close Enterprise and Mid-market deals, as well to manage Pilot projects and guide customers throughout their onboarding. You’ll work with prospects throughout the sales process to define clear success criteria, then use those insights to help them configure our solution to best meet their needs. You’ll spend much of your time interacting directly with external Engineers and Product Managers to explain the technical nuances of our product and how it influences their existing workflows. In the process, you’ll also become an expert at designing custom ID verification solutions and implementing Berbix within a range of industries and use cases. Your learning and insights will be critical to our Product and Success teams, as your work sits at the intersection of many different functions.
Ideal candidates are creative problem solvers who are excited by technical complexity and new challenges. You’ll need to grasp both the fine details and high-level impact of a solution, and connect the micro to the macro to produce successful implementations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Participate in technical discovery and validation discussions with prospects pre-sale
- Design and implement Pilot & Proof of Concept (PoC) projects tailored to customers’ needs
- Build out technical collateral such as workflow diagrams to help illustrate our recommended solutions
- Become an expert on Berbix’s full product range including our APIs, unique fake ID detection methods, and machine learning models
- Monitor the progress and performance of Pilot & PoC projects, and adapt accordingly to successfully convert the customer
- Design processes and documentation to help our team scale
- Explain technical concepts and trade-offs throughout the buying process to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Work closely with Customer Success to hand off customers post-implementation and set them up for long-term success
- Lead external presentations and demo Berbix features as needed
- Use your proximity to the industry to channel relevant insights to our Product team
- Partner with Sales in running successful and efficient end-to-end deal cycles
- 2+ years of professional experience working directly with customers and prospects, particularly with technical stakeholders.
- Experience working with API-based products and REST integrations.
- Experience working at Series A/B startups is a big plus.
- Experience managing Pilot projects and/or onboarding new customers to a technology platform.
- Interest and ability to learn new technical concepts as needed.
Company Information & Benefits
We are a completely hybrid company, meaning we have a San Francisco Headquarters, support local employees to work remotely as desired, and accept fully remote hires within the continental United States! We are a company that values the well-being of our employees and we strive to cultivate a healthy and inclusive work culture. We offer a robust benefits package to our full-time employees, including:
-100% company paid premiums for medical, dental, & vision. 50% company paid premiums for dependents
-Flexible and generous PTO + 15 holidays
-401 (k) retirement plan + company match, AD&D + life insurance
-Company-sponsored FSA account for medical expenses
-Monthly wellness allowance to spend on your mind and body
-Professional Development allowance to learn new, and grow existing skills
-12 week, 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
-Stipend for new hires to set up their remote work space
-Monthly internet stipend to have the best work environment at home
-Regular social activities like Fun Fridays and Quarterly Offsites (in-person & virtual)