Sr Software Dev EngineerRegular price
About the job
Amazon Advertising is seeking software development engineers to join the Amazon Advertising Targeting team to help us build the first class targeting solutions that allow our advertisers and partners to reach their intended audience in the right moment, thereby ensuring delightful end user experiences. We are looking for an experienced and motivated software engineers with a proven track record of building web applications and services in the AI/ML space. Successful candidates will have solved complex and broad business problems in the AI/ML space by applying appropriate technologies and software engineering best practices.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will work closely with product, engineering, and science, both within our own team as well as across the broader Advertising organization. You will have the opportunity to work on one of the world’s largest consumer and advertising data sets, as well as influence the long-term evolution of our targeting products. You will work on an Agile team consisting of product managers, software development engineers, and scientists.
Your team will own the business, technology, and operations, thus giving you the resources to manage your own destiny. You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, to business analysis, to technical design, and finally through to software development across a variety of technologies. Your systems will meet remarkably high standards of performance and reliability, and will operate at a massive scale, 24x7.
If you enjoy solving complex problems and delivering solutions at scale, come talk to us!
About The Team
The Amazon Advertising Targeting team ingests billions of events every day, evaluates them in real-time, and vends audiences for every ad request received within a fraction of a second. This information allows our advertisers to reach the right audience at the right time. Speed, scale, and accuracy are all critical to our success. We are tasked with solving both, business critical (impacts billions of dollars in ad revenue), and technically challenging problems, arising as a result of marked shift in the regulatory, compliance, and competitive environment in the digital advertising space. We operate at the intersection of engineering and machine learning, creating multiple growth avenues for team members.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy