Technical Developer II, FootwearRegular price
About the jobWho We Are Looking For
We are seeking a passionate Tech Developer II to join the effort in building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive future Sport Style culture with Nike W’s Sport Style footwear! The ideal candidate needs to have experience in diverse (complex innovations to sandals) product project management and creative problem-solving skills in a product development setting. Someone who is focused on collaboration as one united team to drive impact for the Nike athlete*. In addition, we are looking for people that are inspired by the possibilities of better products, better processes, and better team culture, who has the strong leadership, communication, and creative problem-solving skills to create a better future for Sport Style Innovation for global women.
What You Will Work On
As our Footwear Tech Developer II in NIKE W’s Max & Solar, you'll drive product and process excellence within your project teams for your assigned seasonal projects. You’ll be leading a comprehensive - range of product development from complex innovation models to season color/material/graphic refresh models. You’ll apply your knowledge and experience to enhance product excellence. You'll engage in all phases of the product process to ensure projects are managed according to critical dates and completed on time while meeting business objectives, design intent, performance goals, costing, and sustainability targets. In addition, you’ll ensure that your projects are ready for the commercialization process and can ultimately be manufactured.
Who You Will Work With
As a W’s Air Max & Solar Footwear Team member, you will work collaboratively with key functional partners throughout the Product Development Process. This includes Footwear Product Managers, Footwear (Industrial, Material, Color, and Graphic) designers, Footwear Engineering, Footwear Product Testing, Footwear Material Design and Material Development, Product Merchandising, Sourcing and Operations, NXT, Air Mi, and our overseas partners - both within NIKE and external to NIKE. You will report to the Footwear Tech Development Director in W’s Air Max & Solar.
You will need to navigate the Nike matrix to ensure that our processes model and align NIKE Footwear Development standard methodologies for product excellence. You are the key point of contact for our overseas partners and ensure that communication during the product development process is clear, accurate, and timely.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of relevant education, experience, and training
- Minimum of 5+ years’ work experience within product creation
- Ability to lead the product development process with strong project management, creative problem-solving, and implementing solutions skills
- Knowledgeable of how to set product budget, influencing the creation team to identify & suggest cost-effective solutions
- Skilled in building sustainable footwear products
- A clear understanding of footwear pattern engineering, tooling, and manufacturing processes is desired
- Basic knowledge of materials, test methods, footwear chemistry, properties and applications
- Well versed with reading and interpreting technical drawings, sketches, and/or 3D digital files accurately
- Proficient collaborator adept at working efficiently with cross functional partners
- Experience collaborating with external partners, facilitating meetings, driving consensus, and influencing others
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate goals across teams
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time