Data Engineer IVRegular price
About the job
Posted Date: 2022-06-09
Req ID: REQ002714
The Standard is a family of companies dedicated to helping its customers achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. In business since 1906, we're a leading provider of group and individual disability insurance, group life, dental and vision insurance, voluntary (employee-paid) benefits, absence management services, and retirement plans and annuities for employers and individuals. For more information about The Standard, visit www.standard.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
At The Standard, you'll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We're looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what's right - across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let's work together.
If you want to make a positive difference and challenge your career in new ways, you'll fit right in at The Standard. We help our customers achieve financial well-being and peace of mind through leading insurance products and services, retirement plans, individual annuities, and commercial mortgages. And we are growing, with new market opportunities and customer needs driving exciting strategic investment in digital transformation. Come join us and share our passion for serving customers in a positively different way.
Who do we think is a Data & Analytics Modeler?
A Data & Analytics Modeler is a core enabler of modern data architecture whose focus is designing and building data systems for collecting and organizing data at scale enabling operational and analytical use cases. The Data Engineer should have in-depth knowledge of Dimensional and operational modeling principles which they can apply towards designing optimal data models.
Additionally, we believe the Data & Analytics Modeler should be well versed with:
- Building architecture which aligns with business requirements
- Developing patterns enabling Data acquisition across disparate technologies
- Organizing and preparing data for predictive and prescriptive modeling
- Supporting ongoing data strategy work, delivering data models, and documenting data reference architectures that enhance project delivery ranging from transactional systems to reporting and analytic solutions.
- Planning end-to-end data models (logical/physical) for analysis and consumption
- Identifying ways to improve data observability, reliability, efficiency, interoperability and most importantly quality
- Building CI/CD pipelines that are equipped to deploy sophisticated data pipelines,analytics programs, machine learning and statistical methods
As a Data & Analytics Modeler, it's not just the technical skills you bring to solve technical problems, it is the mindset you bring to be part of a great team undertaking digital transformation.
We are looking for engineers that are:
- Driven to Win as a Team: Constantly pursing exceptional results that help us win in the market
- Respect for Teammates: Value diverse identities, backgrounds, talents, and perspectives
- Collaboration: Works collaboratively with all team members, integrate perspectives; and encourage other's contributions
- Adaptable: Quickly adapts to customer feedback by adjusting team priorities to fit new
The Skills and Background You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of engineering, architecture, and delivery experience in Data
- 6+ years of experience developing the and building data models and analytical solutions
- 3+ years Experience with one or more relevant Cloud data platforms (AWS, Azure and GCP)
- 2+ years Experience building and deploying CI/CD pipelines in Azure DevOps
- T-SQL including creation & editing of tables, procedures, functions, views, and triggers
- Ability to understand, produce, and extend large and complex data models for operational and dimensional reporting data stores.
- Ability to effectively present complex technical information to non-technical audiences and senior decision-makers.
- Good knowledge of metadata management, data modeling, and related tools (Erwin or ER Studio or others)
- Experience in building data development that are based upon Python and Spark
- Experience in designing modern data pipelines with technologies such as Big Data and Cloud
- Ability to work in an Agile Team environment, and familiarity with concepts outlined in the SAFe Scaled Agile Framework on programs, sprints, iterations is a plus
- Experience with Insurance data domains
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences/Information systems or similar technical field of study
- Exposure to REST APIs
- Experience working with Hadoop, Hive, Parquet, Azure Data Factory
- Exposure to Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Graph methodologies and approaches
- Knowledge of Microsoft Power BI Service, M Power Query, and DAX
Note: The Standard is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary for this role when hiring a Colorado resident. The salary for employees working in Colorado in this role is listed below. The Standard's package also includes incentive plan participation and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement, and paid time off.
- Please note, eligibility to participate in an incentive program is subject to the rules governing the program and plan. Any award depends on various factors, including individual and organizational performance.
$106,500.00 - $186,900.00
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.