Embedded Software EngineerRegular price
About the job
Gentex is seeking Embedded Software Engineers to join our team based in Zeeland, Michigan near the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan.
- Successful candidates are in the early stages of their career and are eager to learn and grow as part of a team.
- As a member of this multi-disciplinary team you will be working closely with other engineers from the Requirements, Software Development, Software Test and Software Project teams to develop Gentex products.
As an Embedded Software Engineer you will be responsible for the development of embedded software for Gentex products. Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- Unit Testing
- Reviewing work products (code, requirements, design)
- Maintaining build scripts
- Written design documentation
- Completing release checklists
- Completing assigned software development tasks
- Attending scrums, project, group, and department meetings
- Working closely with a cross-functional project team
- Communicate and escalate key issues affecting your assigned tasks
- Meet key internal and customer milestone dates
- Support test tools and testability of Gentex products
As an Embedded Software Engineer:
- You will understand and perform defined tasks.
- You will develop the skills to identify and triage issues to help reach resolution.
- You will learn to identify the steps necessary to accomplish assigned tasks.
- You will learn and understand the process steps in order to effectively execute the process as part of a project team.
- Effective communication is a key aspect of an engineering role at Gentex.
- You will communicate software design, code, and unit test statuses to various stakeholders.
- You will communicate clearly and objectively, with the right information for the right stakeholders.
- Willing to be a team player, dependable, motivated, problem solver, and customer oriented.
- Willing to follow company guidelines and maintain confidentiality, honesty, and integrity.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to provide problem solving solutions in the assigned area.
- This position reports to the Engineering Manager Software Development.
- Interactions with program management, electrical, and the project team.
- Also interacts with quality, purchasing, production, R&D, mechanical, customers, and suppliers.
For more information on the company and our products, visit the following.