Java Software EngineerRegular price
About the jobLocation: Lombard, IL, USA
Req Number: #138
Paradigm is an accountable specialty care management organization focused on improving the lives of people with complex and catastrophic injuries and diagnoses. The company has been a pioneer in value-based care since 1991 and has an exceptional track record of generating the very best outcomes for patients, payers, and providers. Deep clinical expertise is the foundation for every part of Paradigm's business, including its risk-based clinical solutions, case management services, high-value specialty networks, home health, and payment integrity programs.
Paradigm is headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, with offices across the U.S. For more information, please visit www.paradigmcorp.com .
Job Title: Java Software Engineer
Location: 100% Remote
SUMMARY:Responsible for developing and designing front end and back end web architecture and applications, ensuring the responsiveness of applications and providing support for medium to large highly complex applications that require increased skill across multiple technical domains and disciplines, that have system wide impact and that integrate across the organization. Serves as individual contributor and point of contact for ongoing technical activities, while providing support for small and large highly complex projects. This position will be required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organizational skills and attention to detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This role will work directly with solution and domain architects along with engineers to understand their technical system requirements.
- Receives some supervision and direction as regards prioritization of work but is competent to work independently.
- Independently designs and develops cost effective application and program solutions.
- Independently performs and assists other team members in providing ongoing system maintenance, research, and problem resolution and on-call support tasks for existing systems.
- Technical contributor for translation of business requirements to technical specifications and in the design of new applications and enhancements including integration of purchased solutions.
- Performs unit testing and assist with integration and system testing, according to detailed test plans to ensure high-quality systems.
- Understands the business and functional requirements that apply to the applications supporting a sub-domain or domain as well as their relevant interfaces.
- Recommends products that will evolve the organization's technical infrastructure.
- Responsible for Code Asset Management for an application or set of applications. Supports and promotes the reuse of assets across the organization.
- Familiarity and compliant with the efficient utilization of the prescribed methodologies and ensures compliance for the work of all aligned resources.
- Responsible for complying with Paradigm IT security requirement and policies.
- Responsible for safeguarding Paradigm or Paradigm related IT passwords.
- Responsible for notifying Paradigm of any IT security incidents per policy 16.0 Information Security Incident Management.
- 3+ years of enterprise software design Java (preferred), J2EE, and recent experience of designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Strong database SQL skills and experience in one of the relational databases like DB2, Oracle, or SQL Server. Knowledge of SQL tuning, or NoSQL DBs like Mongo, Cosmos is an added bonus.
- Experience with Git, build scripting (Maven)
- Experience or exposure to Microsoft Azure DevOps, Unit Testing & Test-Driven Development.
- Knowledge of micro services design patterns, MVC controller architecture is preferred.
- Experience using Kubernetes, Docker on a cloud-based platform is a plus, particularly having scaled containers across multiple Docker daemons is preferred.
- Experience using continuous deployment / continuous integration (CI / CD) technology.
- Exposure to Java Script frameworks (DOJO, jQuery, AngularJS, or React), HTML5, CSS
- Experience with Microsoft APIM, Identity management is an added bonus.
- Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum Experience.
- Being Microsoft Certified: Azure Developer Associate; DevOps Engineer or Master Java Enterprise Architect or Kubernetes is an added bonus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Software Development/Engineering.
- Excellent interpersonal/written/verbal communication and listening skills necessary.
- Exhibit self-motivation for success in a fast-paced, dynamic and unstructured environment.
- Ability to adapt and be open to frequent changes in work environment and prioritization.
- Ability to manage multiple competing deadlines.
Paradigm believes that fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our mission of helping more people and transforming lives. We're striving to build a culture that better reflects the society we live in, and empowers our team to deliver the highest levels of compassion and care to those we serve. For us, achieving this goal requires a workforce that respectfully embraces differences and commits to positive change, creating an environment where everyone is able to bring their whole self to work. Sign In For Details