Junior Software EngineerRegular price
About the job
JUNIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Are you a recent tech program grad looking for your first opportunity? Do you enjoy developing innovative solutions together with fellow engineers? Are you interested in the latest software technologies? Do you want to work on an international team and learn on the job? Then we should talk!
What You’ll Do
At Itility, we drive continuous innovation for our clients and ourselves. From front-end to back-end, full-stack, hardware integration, microservices, and more, we pride ourselves on staying one step ahead with a crack team of software, data, and consultancy professionals. Itility scrum teams conform to DevOps principles and consist of engineers with diverse technical backgrounds (software, data, cloud, infrastructure), a scrum master, and a product owner. Within this team you can develop your own specialty and determine your path for growth.
- You are responsible for designing, building, and running software components at our customers
- You are a quick learner, eager to onboard new tools, skills, and techniques, and you actively engage with your colleagues to enhance the team's collective knowledge
- You work in an agile manner, in sprints of two weeks, and stay focused on quality, consistency, and delivery
- You're adaptable, and have no problem building on public cloud and on-prem platforms
- You play an active role in monitoring the technical quality of the entire landscape
Because we often work with a microservices architectures, we are able to choose the most suited programming language for the job. Python, Node.js, React, and C#/.NET are currently the most used.
For this position we will consider young professionals and recent graduates. Together with your team, you will build high quality software. You are agile minded and love to solve challenging problems. You understand that a user story is not finished until it is tested and runs without any problems. The position of junior software engineer is a steppingstone for you to positions such as software engineer, data engineer, software architect, or product owner. Consequently, you should already have some foundational knowledge in one or more of the following:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in, for example, computer science, software engineering, or other technical studies in which programming is an important part of the curriculum, such as Artificial Intelligence or Data Science.
- You have knowledge of, and preferably experience with, microservices architecture (Kubernetes-based such as AKS, EKS, etc.)
- You have affinity for, and preferably experience with, software development on cloud platforms, such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or Google Cloud Platform
- You have worked on projects involving IoT or IIoT integration
- You are well-versed in the software development life cycle, understand how to deliver quality code, and thoroughly document your work
- You have a solid understanding of solution architecture and design, and how your work fits into an overall plan
- You can explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
At Itility we believe in merging technology and data to drive our customers one step beyond. Itility digital consultants are experts in data, cloud, software, and IT public/private infrastructure. Our culture can be described as ‘no-nonsense, with passion’. Working at Itility is about working with people, staying close to our customers. We work for large enterprises and innovative start-ups. Acting as the ‘digital twin’ of customers, we work shoulder-to-shoulder to exceed business goals and push the boundaries of what you thought was possible.
Do you like to go above and beyond? Do you want to work with passion for what you do, in a team of people fueled by the same passion?
Then we would love to meet you!
Screening is part of the hiring procedure.
This is a hybrid/remote position, so it is a requirement that you are based within 100 miles of the San Diego area.
San Diego, CA
Most of our positions are hybrid/remote. Unless otherwise indicated in the job post, it is a requirement that you are based within 100 miles of the job's stated location.
Powered by JazzHR