Software Engineer IIIRegular price
About the job
At Criterion Systems, we developed a different kind of business—a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of its people. By accepting a position with Criterion Systems, you will join a group of professionals with a collaborative mindset where we share ideas and foster professional development to accomplish our goals. In addition to our great culture, we also offer competitive compensation and benefit packages, company-sponsored team building events, and advancement opportunities. To find out more about how Criterion can help you take your career to the next level please visit our websitewww.criterion-sys.com. Criterion Systems is seeking a mission-focused Software Engineer III to support and contribute to our government customer’s success. The individual in this position must be a motivated team player that strives for professional and technical excellence in systems engineering supporting software testing.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
- Analyzes user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints. Confers with systems analysts, engineers, programmers and others to design system and to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Designs, develops and modifies software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and consequences of design.
- Coordinates software system installations and monitors equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met. Specifically seeking middle tier or back-end developers responsible for creating the business logic and services between the UI and the back end, and the functions and operations performed on the data (relational and unstructured).
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Full time work in a SCIF is required, but hours are flexible (Remote work not available)
- Requires Bachelor's degree in related field of study with 6 or more years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active TS/SCI with ability to pass a CI polygraph
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment
Preferred but not Required
- Experience with PHP highly desired
- Experience with Oracle Database
- Experience with Docker, Ansible, KeyCloak, Leaflet, ArcGIS
- Understanding of and experience with network administration and security protocols on various domains
- Current CI poly
Criterion Systems, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination at all levels of our organization. We believe in treating all applicants and employees fairly and make employment decisions without regard to any individual’s protected status race, ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, sex/gender, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, marital/parental status, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), age, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit https//careers-criterion-sys.icims.com/.