Software Engineer, Intern (US, Fall 2022)Regular price
About the job
Coursera can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. Our interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a remote-first company.
Coursera was launched in 2012 by two Stanford Computer Science professors, Andrew Ng and Daphne Koller, with a mission to provide universal access to world-class learning. It is now one of the largest online learning platforms in the world, with 102 million registered learners as of March 31, 2022. Coursera partners with over 250 leading university and industry partners to offer a broad catalog of content and credentials, including courses, Specializations, Professional Certificates, Guided Projects, and bachelor’s and master’s degrees. Institutions around the world use Coursera to upskill and reskill their employees, citizens, and students in fields such as data science, technology, and business. Coursera became a B Corp in February 2021.
Coursera’s Engineering teams are responsible for maintaining a scalable and reliable platform. Engineering works to build interactive products for the worldwide learner community. As an engineer at Coursera, you will be empowered to build well-engineered products that shape new platform features and advance our technical infrastructure. You will be encouraged to build reliable, scalable, testable, and efficient systems.
During the [12 or 16 week internship, you'll be embedded as a full-time member of a small Engineering team and paired with a mentor on your team. You will have the guidance, environment, and the responsibility of deploying your projects to production. You will work on real projects, features, and updates that will affect millions of learners worldwide!
Check out life at Coursera on The Muse!
- Support the engineering team with software development; design and implement scalable systems and infrastructures
- Measure our work thoroughly, analyze results, and generate hypotheses to drive new product changes through A/B testing
- Setup monitoring and testing of our APIs and services to better understand real time health of our products
- Code software using Scala and Java
- Work in a cross functional team of engineers, PMs, designers, and UX researchers
- Currently pursuing a B.A./B.S. Degree or higher in Computer Science, or related technical field
- Must be currently enrolled in a full time degree program and returning to the program after the completion of the internship
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Demonstrated software engineer experience via an internship, work experience, school projects or coding competitions.
- Self-motivated, smart, hands-on, relentlessly focused on impact, and able to operate under a great deal of independence
- Expected to complete degree by December 2023 or earlier