Software Engineer- remoteRegular price
About the job
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career and help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Do you want to drive business strategy and define products for software and digital experiences? The Enterprise Connectivity (EC) Business Operations team is a fast-paced team that translates those strategic choices into tangible business propositions. We represent the voice of the customer as we build distinctive, always-on connected vehicle technologies and services that transform the ownership experience.
What You’ll Be Able To Do
- The Software Engineer will be working in the exciting space of connected vehicle data. You and your team will build solutions for Ford Pro Intelligence commercial fleet customers that meet an exceptionally high standard.
- This is an opportunity to work with Java, SQL, BigQuery PCF, SpringBoot, Microservices, Agile, CI/CD, Jenkins, DevOps, Vue, SQL, GitHub, JSON, Swagger, TDD/BDD, and SonarQube as we move onto Google Cloud Platform.
- Working on the FPI Commercial applications means your work will span multiple systems in the cloud and connect with multiple data sources within Ford with the end providing intelligent solutions based on connected vehicle data and data from connected vehicle infrastructure.
The Minimum Requirements We Seek
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of Java development experience building micro service and cloud-based solutions using Spring Platform (Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud)
- 1+ years of experience with cloud environments (Google Cloud Platform, Google Kubernetes Engine, Azure, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS or similar)
Our Preferred Qualifications
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Demonstrated experience working with RDMS (SQL Server, Oracle, MYSQL or similar) and data analysis skills.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development, Agile Methodologies and pair and/or mob programming.
- Experience with software development tools (backlog management, source code management, automated and unit test management, CI/CD, etc)
- Microservices, SQL, BigQuery, Agile, CI/CD, Jenkins, DevOps, Vue, SQL, GitHub, JSON, Swagger, TDD/BDD, and SonarQube as we move onto Google Cloud Platform.
What You’ll Receive In Return
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us!
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford’s salary and benefits, please visit:
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.