Sr. Associate, Product ManagementRegular price
Sr. Associate, Product Management, Small Business Card
Small businesses are the backbone of America and a vital part of the economy as a whole. For Capital One’s Small Business Credit Card (SBC) division, we aspire to be the leading small business purchasing program in the United States. This is supported by our passion to help small businesses succeed and drive to fuel the courageous entrepreneurial spirit among our Small Business customers and our Associates.
We are investing in products and services built for heavy spending small businesses, focused on automation through cutting edge technology, business analytics, and a human-focused design lens.
As a Product Manager in Small Business Card, you’ll be joining a passionate team of product managers, designers, engineers, data scientists, and analysts working to translate human insights + business needs into consumer-centric services. Our focus on simplicity is driven by our mission to help Small Business succeed so they can get back to what they love most - growing their business.
On Any Given Day You’ll Be
- Empowered. Part of a team driving innovative change in the way customers are able to manage their small business spending
- Learning constantly. Work deeply with credit analysts, technologists, partners and data scientists to build cutting edge solutions that delight our customers through empathy, critical thinking, and listening for unspoken needs
- Inspired by data. Leveraging data to make real-time decisions that benefit our customers and stakeholders
- Sharing openly. Telling stories that change the way people think about building products and solving problems, and that illustrate the power of what software can do to make them even better
- Managing the business. Our solution empowers both our customers’ businesses and our business, and you are at the heart of both
- Succeeding strategically. Solving the right problem and holding on the wrong one; knowing when to say no, and when to say an enthusiastic yes
Here Is What You Will Bring To The Table
- Curiosity. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea, or follow an email chain for weeks to find someone with an answer.
- Passion. You care about growing others and bringing them together around what’s possible. You’ve started meetup groups or taught General Assembly courses because you love enabling others.
- Communication. You can communicate complex ideas clearly, your team knows their priorities and why they’re doing what they’re doing. Maybe you’re an introvert, or maybe you’re an extrovert, but nobody accuses you of keeping them out of the loop.
- Collaboration. You’re comfortable moving through technical and non-technical conversations, bringing groups together with different perspectives, but all reaching for the same goal.
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of product management experience or at least 1 year of experience in product design, agile delivery, business analysis, data science, or software engineering
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- 1+ years translating business strategy or analysis into consumer facing digital products
- 1+ years of experience working on core product platforms powering digital experiences
- 1+ years working with cross functional teams as a product owner in an agile development process
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.