2023 Spring Co-Op - Software Engineer (Air) - Hunt Valley, MDRegular price
About the jobWho We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
Visit TextronSystems.com & Lycoming.com to read more about who we are and the products we make!
About This Role
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing engineering support on both next generation technologies and proven platforms that support and protect our deployed warfighter
- Participating in software development of new products across all phases of the design lifecycle from concept development to lab integration and evaluation concepts
- Opportunities that range from embedded control systems, to operator interfaces, to mobile device applications
- Working cohesively on a multi-functional team with a wide diversity of exciting technologies and products
- Currently pursuing or have completed a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/CIS/MIS or a related field
- C/C++, C#, Python, and/or Java programming
- Ability to obtain security clearance
As a co-op with Textron Systems, you’ll become part of a team that is ALL IN, providing enduring solutions for a complex world. TOGETHER, we put tomorrow’s technology in the world’s hands today. Over the course of your co-op, you will connect with people across multiple disciplines and locations, giving you exposure to new projects and mentorship. Below are a few additional highlights of the intern experience:
- Networking with fellow interns, employees, and leadership across Textron Systems
- Opportunity to apply to full-time positions, internships, or additional co-ops before they are open to the public
- Employee Resource Group (ERG) participation including volunteer days, events, and collaborations
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Below Are Just a Few Examples Of Our Total Rewards For Full-Time Employees
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace.
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Education Assistance
- Career Development & Training Opportunities
- Wellness Programs (including Fitness Reimbursement)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements, including US Citizenship, for access to classified information.
08/29/2022, 7:48:51 PM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Onsite Sign In For Details