Advisory Intern, Lighthouse - Data Engineer / Cloud Engineer / Software EngineerRegular price
Innovate. Collaborate. Build. Create. Solve. The KPMG Digital Lighthouse is KPMG's award-winning Analytics & AI Center of Excellence recognized by clients and leading analyst firms in the US and globally. The KPMG Lighthouse is a curation of specialized technical capabilities and domain experts working across the digital landscape: applied data science, AI, data engineering and insights, software engineering, automation, and big data. Here, you'll work with a diverse team of professionals to explore and build solutions for clients in a multiplatform environment. You'll be an important part of our high-energy, unique, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. In this particular role, you'll work specifically in the AI Analytics & Engineering Community within the Digital Lighthouse, on a wide range of projects. From applied AI to optimization to big data platform engineering, your analytical and technical skills will drive real impact in the business world. At KPMG, our commitment to your career development helps to set us apart as an employer. We want to enhance your potential, both for yourself and as a contributor to our firm. That's why we provide every opportunity to expand your skills, knowledge and experiences through formal education and training programs, leadership development opportunities, and, as well as informal one-on-one coaching and mentoring from your KPMG colleagues.
KPMG is currently seeking an Advisory Intern for our Digital Lighthouse practice.
- Work with a team to prototype, implement and enhance applications to tackle the big data, data science, cloud, user experience and automation needs for a variety of Fortune 1000 corporations and other KPMG clients
- Work with cross-disciplinary product development teams to develop resilient, scalable, reliable and visionary solutions to real-world business problems.
- Assist with the cloud deployment process and build the necessary tools to allow for rapid feature development, automate, monitor metrics and implement disaster recovery/backup strategies
- Aid with design, develop and maintain ETL pipelines for various business use cases to ensure the timely delivery of high quality data. You will collaborate with Data Scientists, business analysts and other data engineers to process complex data sources and productionalize data pipelines machine learning models
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing the following degrees/majors: Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development, Information Systems, or equivalent program from an accredited college or university
- Must have a current/most recent GPA of 3.00 or above
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structures/algorithms and principles of OOP (Object Oriented Programming). Understanding of leading practices in developing and testing software (SDLC/Git/Unit Testing and TDD)
- Excellent communication, time management and leadership skills; flexible and adaptable team player; resourceful in delivering high quality work
- Preferred Skills for Cloud Engineer Interns: Exposure to configuring cloud environments (AWS/Azure/GCP), experience with infrastructure as code tool (Terraform)
- Preferred Skills for Data Engineer Interns: Python, Hadoop/Spark, Kubernetes, developing in cloud environments (AWS/Azure/GCP). Exposure with SQL and NoSQL databases (HBase/Cassandra/MongoDB), scientific computing and machine learning (e.g. scikit, numpy, pandas, tensorflow, pytorch, jax)
- Ability to travel and/or work on-site at client premises as needed, at times with relatively short notice
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the need for employment-based visa sponsorship now or in the future
Colorado Salary Statement:
Colorado Salary Range:
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
At KPMG, any partner or employee must be fully vaccinated or test negative for COVID-19 in order to go to any KPMG office, client site or KPMG event. In some circumstances, individuals who are not fully vaccinated may also be required to have a reasonable accommodation to not be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.