Analytics Engineer - Data Intelligence Gateway (DIG) - Alvarez & MarsalRegular price
New York, NY
A&M Data Intelligence Gateway (A&M DIG) has an exciting opportunity to join a growing team. A&M DIG is a proprietary technology that utilizes the active collection of unstructured data through open-source intelligence and leverages machine learning to create private company insights. A&M DIG works in conjunction with Alvarez & Marsal, an established leader in providing global leadership and advisory services to a variety of diverse industries.
A&M DIG is seeking an analytics engineer to bring their energy, passion and expertise to help our clients get the insights needed to discover and explore private company data. You will help our M&A clients validate investment theses, find companies in fragmented industries and explore potential market opportunities.
What will you be doing?
As an Analytics Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work with the A&M DIG leadership team on a variety of interesting projects across industries. You will be interacting with senior level M&A professionals and internal stakeholders to build a truly unique offering to the private equity market.
- Leverage Python and SQL to build data transformation models, growing the analytical capabilities of our Data Platform
- Create customized dashboards that turn A&M DIG data into actionable insights that enable M&A professionals to filter and sort through the data to discover the best opportunities
- Apply industry and financial knowledge to transform client requests into queries for our data engine
- Apply statistical analysis to our data to extract high level insights
- Use critical thinking skills to help us continue to improve our data pipeline, insights extraction and team processes
- Participate in meetings and calls with client personnel and serve as a secondary point of contact for day-to-day execution matters
Who will you be working with?
Our diverse team hosts a variety of technical skills, analytical minds, and entrepreneurial spirits. We partner with our clients in an unprecedented way, and so far we have just scratched the surface. We are looking for people with passion to learn, innovate, create and build. We do our best work together – and we hope that you’ll join us.
You will be working with senior internal stakeholders, M&A professionals at mid and large cap private equity funds and will report directly to A&M DIG leadership.
How will you grow and be supported:
As a demonstration of A&M’s strong commitment to its people, we offer benefits to support your career, personal and professional developments. A&M recognizes that our people fuel our growth, and you will be provided with the best available training and development resources, as well as networking opportunities. Click here to learn more about why A&M is a great place to work.
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance or related business and technology field
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Experience with dbt preferred
- Experience building Machine Learning and statistical analysis models such as regression, knn, naive bayes e.t.c.
- An understanding of private equity and investment lifecycle preferred
- Proficiency using data visualization tools such as Tableau
- Exceptional project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility to work as both a team member in a collaborative setting and as an individual contributor
- Ability to thrive and be effective in fast-paced settings
- Authorization to work full time in the USA