Analytics InternRegular price
We are an NYC-based, global SaaS company on a mission to transform the way companies build business relationships with other companies. We challenge leading industrial and financial service firms around the world to improve their knowledge of financial health and build relationships founded on new standards of transparency.
As an Intern you will spend 10 weeks gaining firsthand experience working as a contributing member of the RapidRatings team. Through our Program’s Core Curriculum, you can look forward to your summer with us be guided every step of the way, exposing you to all facets of the Company and the industry we operate in.
At the end of the summer, our goal for all interns is that they leave the program with enough hands-on experience to help them to make guided and educated decisions about the next steps they take on their career paths. Altogether, interns will walk away from RapidRatings with knowledge of more than just the area they were designated to work with for the summer.
About the Opportunity:
As an intern in Analytics team, you will review, process and maintain company and financial data for a broad range of companies globally in order to generate value-added reports for our corporate clients to utilize when making informed business decisions. Through exposure to thousands of companies around the globe, you will gain expertise in understanding and assessing financial statements with the Rapid Ratings Financial Health System. You will be required to assist with enquiries from clients to clarify potential data ambiguities or inconsistencies. Furthermore, you will assist the team with strategic and expansion projects, analytical tasks such as industry research analysis and overall large scale data quality control.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Data Management. We actively rate thousands of companies for our clients ongoing basis. These analyses depend on data that we source from third-party vendors, our clients, and the companies themselves- all of which is standardized for our proprietary databases. Work with Thomson Reuters feed and other sources to ensure universe of companies we cover is robust and current. This includes reviewing and updating new ratings daily and responding to client inquiries to expand our ratings universe or investigate any data irregularities. You will work on various projects with internal stakeholders to ensure that the data is ingested efficiently and controlled for quality and timeliness. Some projects that we are currently working on include bankruptcy data, NAICS code data, and public coverage universe expansion and clean-up.
- Company Identification. Review supplier/ vendor lists from clients and prospects and identify ownership structure and update client’s portfolios accordingly.
- Research and Analysis. Our Sales, Marketing and Client Services teams are always looking to provide insightful and topical company & market research to prospects and clients. Assist Junior Associates in their efforts by collecting and analyzing the background data needed to support marketing content ideas.
- Client & Sales Advanced Data Support. Our proprietary technology platform can be complex, as are our clients’ needs. You will perform a wide range of tasks including, for example: extracting targeted data from our internal systems, supporting our API and other automated engagements, troubleshooting our production systems and managing bespoke customer data and reports.
- Assist with Strategic Projects. Support Junior and Senior Associates on a range of projects that will deliver operational efficiency gains and data insights using tools such as SQL, R and Python.
Who We Are Seeking:
- Financial, accounting or technical acumen
- Excel Skills are essential. SQL and R skills are desirable
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Strong, analytical problem solver
*Due to Covid-19 we are currently operating a work-from-home model though we are hopeful that this summer's internships will allow for an in-person or hybrid work arrangement. That said, there is a possibility that this role may begin (& remain) as a remote position, however, in the event that we do transition back to our office this role would report into our NYC location. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and we'll work with you to explore possible interim options.